New Trail

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I rode six mile yesterday and rode from 27, took the red, then rode the new trail from the canal road side, then back on the new trail and then back again, 3 times on the new trail. The new trail is good, lots of logs, far more then I remember from the trail maintenance day. One or two could probably be taken out, but that is just my personal preference. The log ride is fun, towards canal road, got it the first try, the other way took two attempts since it is slightly uphill. Can't wait for the new trail to get ridden in and I hope I can make it to the next maintenance day. Good stuff! Here is the GPS although it is very spikey all over.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5284889

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Too many logs for sure. I have been sorta waiting to take them out but they do kill the potential flow in a few spots.

25 logs in a mile is a bit much.

J-

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No no no! Don't remove them!!! Logs rule!

I think you need to have a time trial on that section. Who can ride the mile and the 25 logs the fastest. Bending your rim gets you 30 seconds dropped from your time. Each spoke you pop is a minute.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
some of the logs are really fun the way they are built up though...

Also, this is the first time I rode the trail that was cut in December when there was not snow or heavy frost on the ground, good flowy stuff with some cool berms....

On the 27 side, some of the small berms that were made before the winter are really fun now, good stuff all around.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
j, I think there shoud be a contest for naming the trails at six mile, all of these other places have cool names for for the trails. I propose the following:

twisty bitch
log death
wet as f

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would call the new trail "25 Logs".

I think there should be local flavor too, like "Fred's Left Knee" and "Burrito Road", with the latter being whatever trail gets you back to the lot so you guys can go to the Mexican place.

D

DANSPANK

"Rotten Snot" could be just after the ladder-things where you ride over a big tube that I half-heartedly helped dig the hole for.

I just came up with that in less than a second. I'm super clever. Let me know if you need help with sums and stuff.

walter

Fourth Party
Walters Broken Wing, I guess that has to fit somewhere...

While a nice thought, my short hours giving back some love are not even close to the hours that crew does on a regular basis. Those guys should get all the props.

How about a new name all together, some thing like twenty9er mile?

ArmyOfNone

I like them all. There is definitely a burrito road! Man this is good stuff.

Id like to add: C.Puncher Lane into the mix.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
While a nice thought, my short hours giving back some love are not even close to the hours that crew does on a regular basis. Those guys should get all the props.

How about a new name all together, some thing like twenty9er mile?

Or twenty6er's grave?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
J-Dog Pound Trail? The "J's" Trail, Halters Alley (sounds like it should be the name of the biker bar in police academy), Chris's Skinny Legged Bridge (after that one photo)

I ride a 26er still!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions