New trail(s) on Baldpate

kush

Hit up Baldpate this morning as a last minute alternative to work.

Good call.

Forgot how much fun that place can be.

There was some work done (Nick??), couple new trails.

Peep this, the new that I rode (twice) is the lollipop of the connector trail.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2256394

Only go when its fully frozen like this morning. The place suffered enough.

kush

There look to be the beginnings of cuts in other spots.

Droptop, you should post up what's rideable and when, and more importantly, when you need folks to help cut.

Bob and I haven't been back there for trail work in ages. He's been busy with work and I'm back at school and run the bike shop on Sundays. Last time we were cutting trails back there was months ago, but last time I worked on it, we hadn't finished it yet. I've been kinda busy with my own little trail in PA.
I'll let you know if we do more trail work.

C.Puncher

I know...

I wonder who's cutting trails up there then...

There' s a man named Kevin. He's affiliated with a Mercer county trail group.
Kevin Stout is on the commitee.

The trails were built for hiking only. Some are marked as such. I believe Knapp's owner Pete is involved as well.

BiknBen

There' s a man named Kevin. He's affiliated with a Mercer county trail group.
Kevin Stout is on the committee.

Kevin Stout? He lives 1/4 mile from MCP. I guess he got tired of the MCP rangers not playing nice. Found himself a new park to work in. :getsome: Good for him.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Ive heard a couple people talking about trail work up here, but I am not sure who is actually doing it. I'll probably check it out later this week.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Correct. Kevin Stout is working to rally some local support for some trail work there. Potential is good.

If you're interested in being involved in future trail work, you can contact Kevin Stout here:

http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=About_Us#Contact_Information

We need two things to happen:

a crew and some leadership to gel around baldpate, and second park permission. the latter will be straightforward, the former is the current challenge. kevin can get the ball rolling but he has his hands full with Mercer, being co-treasurer of JORBA and tallying up ya'lls paydirt hours! :)

Mick714

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Kevin Stout? He lives 1/4 mile from MCP. I guess he got tired of the MCP rangers not playing nice. Found himself a new park to work in. :getsome: Good for him.

Kevin has a lovefest going with the MCP officials :D

Jorba saw a good opportunity slipping away at Bald Pate and Bell Mt Kevin stepped up to see what can become of it for the Mtb community. Last year MCP was approached by the promoters of the X-cross race to see if they were interested in allowing a Mtb race at Mercer. One of the MCP officials thought Bell Mt would make a nice venue Jorba will need some support if we are to be successful

Good stuff

Mick

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Now if you could only link Wash / Baldpate - Belle, that would be a cool loop.

it's possible, but I am not sure if the route is all public property. Would be a question for somebody with the parks.

Mick and Kevin, please post up any info on trail maintenance dates or any help that can be given. I know a lot of people who ride here and would love to work on new trails.

Trail work tomorrow:

10AM Pleasant Valley Rd Parking entrance.

Tools: rakes, shovels, trimming tools (lopers, hand trimmers, etc.)

PM me for more details or for my number if you want to show up a little later.

Top Bottom