New Trail from Whitehouse

johnpitts01

A new trail has just opened up behind the Readington Township Municipal building on Rt. 523. Rode it today for the first time. If you want to add some disance to your Cushetunk riding this is a good choice. Park in Pickell park behind the municipal building (entrance from Mountain Road). Take the paved path around the ballfields and follow the pink ribbon tied to the trees. The trail will take you to the power lines.

In-ter-est-ing. Thanks for the heads up!

How close is this to the blue trail they opened not too long ago in Cushetunk? Also how long is it?

As an aside, I know they want to link up a bunch of trails in the area so this isn't surprising.

Excellent, how was it? I would love for some more singletrack out this way. Now I must find the start of this new section. :)

New Cushetunk Trail

This trail is different from the Cushetunk trails. It runs along the edges of some preservation lands in the area. Basically you ride along the edge of some cornfields. No rocks or roots, but bumpy. A couple of small detours through some low areas between the fields that can be a bit wet. The trail then heads into the woods for a bit with a stream crossing and a few log crossings. Don't know the total length but I'm guessing a bit more than a mile from the Municipal Building to the power lines. From the power lines you can connect to all of the Cushetunk trails.

Enjoy!

Cushetunk and Whitehouse Trail conditions as of 3/27/10

Cushetunk trails were in really good shape over the weekend. No problems at all. The trail under the power lines is really wet in spots - running water - and should probably be avoided.

They have rerouted the trail from the back of the Municipal Building on rt 523 in Whitehouse. It is now not so bicycle friendly. And as of the weekend was really wet in some spots. Avoid it for a few weeks until it dries out.

The trails at Round Valley - at least the easy ones on the island - are in great shape. No problems. I;ve heard the tough trails in the campground area are seveely rutted and washed out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions