New Trail Approved by MCPC!!!!

kerribeth

I have great news! The Morris County Park Commission has approved our proposal for a new trail to be built at Tourne!! WOOHOO!!!

The new trail will make a loop that will go around the yellow trail. It will incorporate some of the glacial erratics which will make for not only some interesting scenery, but also some fun features to ride on. The purple line on the attached map is the planned trail.

I feel it’s important to share that Amy mentioned that the Natural Resource Dept had hesitations about approving this trail because of the past rogue trails that have been created in that area. Amy has convinced them that by working with us, we’ll have a more positive approach to trail responsibility and this should not be of concern.

Thank you to @Berms&Boofs @trailhead and @notcho for creating the original proposal back in 2015. Without the idea, creativity and a framework to build upon, we wouldn’t be celebrating the approval of this new trail.

We should also thank all of the people who recently stepped up to volunteer to adopt a trail at Tourne as part of the revamped Adopt-A-Trail program. Every single trail in the park has been adopted by a mountain biker which certainly proves to the MCPC that we are committed and valuable to maintaining the park and making it better.

Trail​
Volunteer​
Blue@Berms&Boofs
Green@dmkalemba
Orange@graveyardman67
Pink@Stef
Purple@extremedave
Red – North@Mtbdog
Red- East@kerribeth
Red- West@JamieG
Teal@Bill250
White@cassinonorth
Yellow@stilluf

More info will be coming on scheduled trail building days. Trail building will need to be put on pause from Sept-Jan due to hunting season, so we hope to get started soon. We’ll need all of the hands we can get.

Please start spreading the word!

Attachments

• Tourne 041921.pdf
    817.4 KB · Views: 239

kerribeth

@Berms&Boofs and I walked the planned trail with Amy (MCPC) this weekend to further pinpoint the section that we'll start to build first. Please keep an eye out for posts from us on upcoming trail building days. We'll be looking to schedule them on weekends and midweek evenings to accommodate different schedules. Hope you can join us!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions