New Trail almost done!!!!

RyGanley

New Tourne Trail

So we went back to make improvements on the the switchbacks but instead ran the trail much differently!!!! With the express help a Tom and Duncan, we had the guidance and experience to put in a little less 1/4 mile of new track! This includes one super technical switchback, a sweeping turn, rock bridge and a short windy exit. We only had 5 riders show up for volunteering " very low count" but we got about a third of the work done. If we could get a hand count on good dates in the next few months maybe we can get a larger turnout next time.. So who could make a sat morning TM date?

Last edited:

SpartaBard

So we went back to make improvements on the the switchbacks but instead ran the trail much differently!!!! With the express help a Tom and Duncan, we had the guidance and experience to put in a little less 1/4 mile of new track! This includes one super technical switchback, a sweeping turn, rock bridge and a short windy exit. We only had 5 riders show up for volunteering " very low count" but we got about a third of the work done. If we could get a hand count on good dates in the next few months maybe we can get a larger turnout next time.. So who could make a sat morning TM date?

So if I understand this, the switchbacks as they were are no longer? Wow, pretty exciting work going on there.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
So if I understand this, the switchbacks as they were are no longer? Wow, pretty exciting work going on there.

Not exactly... the re-route is about 1/3 complete or so. (It might actually be ridable after another day of work, tough to say). Anyway, the old track is still there and in use, but it will be closed once the new re-route is opened up.

Ryan, I should be able to make the next date in Oct.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions