New to the forum back on the saddle

monfrair

Hello everyone. Looks like a nice forum you have here. I am trying to get back on the saddle after a 6 year break. I was hit by lightning while riding alone in Ringwood in June of 02. After that incident I decided it was time to settle down and have some children. I have about 5000 miles of MTB riding and did Moab back in the day. Now I am 40 and out of shape. With the kids a bit older I have a little time and want to start riding again. I have an Orange cannondale F900 and a Maroon Subaru Forester. Hope to see you out on the trail.

BiknBen

Welcome aboard. Struck by lightning while riding? I guess I should stop wishing for a jolt of energy while riding. ;)

Have fun getting lost at 6-Mile today!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Hello everyone. Looks like a nice forum you have here. I am trying to get back on the saddle after a 6 year break. I was hit by lightning while riding alone in Ringwood in June of 02. After that incident I decided it was time to settle down and have some children. I have about 5000 miles of MTB riding and did Moab back in the day. Now I am 40 and out of shape. With the kids a bit older I have a little time and want to start riding again. I have an Orange cannondale F900 and a Maroon Subaru Forester. Hope to see you out on the trail.

Holy shit -- What did you do to piss off the gods?

Tell us about that day. That's unbelievable.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
holy smokes! struck by lightning? :eek:

welcome back to the bike and welcome to the forum.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Should've had Chuck Norris with you, he would've kicked that lightning's booty. Welcome aboard, see you out there:D

-Jim.

jim, thank you. i was really pist 10 seconds ago but now i'm in a much better mood.

oh, hey welcome to the board. you're all rob zombied out with your electric head. :D

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude struck by lighting wow thats shocking (sorry,thats all I could come up with..):confused:
welcome aboard and also back to riding...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Wow! I got zapped back in '84. Blew me right off my road bike. My buddy dragged me off the yellow line and basically had to give me CPR. It was quite the experience but did not scare me into having kids...........

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can't imagine what would scare you into having kids.

i do. that little blue pill that comes up as ****** when i typed it the first time. i guess that's part of the timmy anti wiggles/canadian pharma czar protection plan.. :D

aren't we a fun bunch?

Last edited:

RNG1

I always heard that you have better odds of getting eaten by a shark than getting hit by lightning and now there are two of you that got hit?
Look out for the landsharks.

Top Bottom