New to Site and Sussex MTBING

Shaggz

A strong 7
Just recently moved to Sparta from Nyack, and have been riding Kittatiny fairly regularly. I am usually free to ride weeekend mornings and weeknights after 5:00, so drop a line if interested.

Cheers!
Steve

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
Just recently moved to Sparta from Nyack, and have been riding Kittatiny fairly regularly. I am usually free to ride weeekend mornings and weeknights after 5:00, so drop a line if interested.

Cheers!
Steve

Welsome to the site. I try to ride a few nites a week around 5-5:30 at Tourne. Would be nice to get a few more people out there. It's nothing crazy, maybe 5 miles tops.

See ya on the trails

-jay

C

CD1134

Welcome! If you ever want to hit any central jersey trails (in the Somerset/Mercer/Hunterdon area) let me know.

C

CD1134

You should post a review of Kittatiny. I'm interested to know how the trails are up there.

Shaggz

A strong 7
will post a more detailed in the review section sometime next week, but after about 10 rides, here is the quick & dirty...

First time there, I asked someone for trail information, and they said, just ride - you will find them. Response sounded aloof at first, but that is probably the best way to sum it up. 3 entrances, 2 parking areas, and it is pretty easy to keep bearings, or at the very least, get back to trail or road that intersects the park.

winding mix of single & double track; not super challenging on the uphills (or downhills, for that matter) but all in all, a lot of fun and it can get pretty fast too. Plenty of root and rock sections, so handling skills are definitely challenged. Nice scenic climb to the signal tower, and there are several trails that run along the lake and pond. Terrain is very similar to Allamuchy, where the annual 24 hr race is held.

Multi use land, and people tend to be pretty friendly, but stating the obvious, a smile, eye contact and a little courtesy go a long way on the trail.

I'll be there tonight so drop me a line @ smarencik@hotmail.com...

Cheers!
Steve

Top Bottom