New to site and mountain biking

t.wach

Hey everyone,

My name is tommy. Im only in highschool but i have been interested in mountain biking for a long time now. I am looking for a bike and hope to start riding when spring comes around. I can't wait. Hope to see some of you out there.

-tom

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
welcome tommy.

since you're only in highschool, i'll spare you my shameless bike sale plug. oops. :D

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome aboard....
Just what I need another young kid to make me feel even older :(

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Why wait? Some of the best ridin' is when everything freezes up. I think we can show you around the trails. If you do wait untill spring, ATUG ( Allaire trail User Group ) holds beginner clinics. Keep an eye out for the dates. Oh yeah,.... welcome to the tribe.

dualfisted

I can't say anything witty that's appropriate for a person in HS, so I'll just say whaddup. Also, BEWARE, THESE GUYS ON THIS SITE WILL SELL YOU A SINGLESPEED, A 29'ER, OR BOTH, so do your research on bikes and know that these guys on this site are all bike prejudice. Lates.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I can't say anything witty that's appropriate for a person in HS, so I'll just say whaddup. Also, BEWARE, THESE GUYS ON THIS SITE WILL SELL YOU A SINGLESPEED, A 29'ER, OR BOTH, so do your research on bikes and know that these guys on this site are all bike prejudice. Lates.

Listen to Dualfisted: Resistance is NOT futile!!!

But damn, the Turner Sultan 29er, Niner SS's, and Fisher Superfly 29er sure look cool though...argh...must..love..my..Turner..5-spot...26er...with...18 speeds...full suspension...must...resist...

Whew! Sorry about that...happens every time I post on this site...I don't know how they make their 29er beam radiate through the computer, but they've somehow done it...they are the 29er/SS Borg on this site (hmmm...you might be too young to understand the reference...oh well).

Welcome aboard Tommy. All BS aside, the bunch of crazy people that lurk here are a nice bunch with a wealth of knowledge on bikes and places to ride in NJ (many have been mountain biking here much longer than you've been alive).

You've come to the right place.

Cheers,
Tim

t.wach

Where i ride

Well i dont have a bike yet but i live in Haskell and ringwood state park is in the twon over so i plan to ride there. Also waywayanda state park.

BiknBen

Im only in highschool but i have been interested in mountain biking for a long time now. Hope to see some of you out there.

Yo Tommy. I'm a Lakeland Regional HS grad. Class of '90. I'm no longer in town but still visit my parents in Haskell often. I was running through Back Beach yesterday morning. ;)

I grew up on Smith Ave.

Top Bottom