New to Round Valley

Jase

Hello all..
Can someone please tell me what trail i should take at Round Valley? I've never been there and would like to try it out. I mostly ride Lewis Morris. How does it compare to Lewis Morris? Are the trails marked? What trail should I take being it's my first time there?

Any advise would be a help
Thanks in advance.

Malibu

Hit the Trail Directory link in the menu and it will give you a map of the 1 trail there http://www.mtbnj.com/wiki/Round_Valley_State_Park. I used to live a mile from Round Valley so I rode it a lot. With only 1 trail there isn't any variety like Lewis Morris. The trail entrance is well marked so you shouldn't have trouble finding it. There is a fun and wild switchback decent within the first mile or so of the trail. The real attraction of Round Valley is the climbing. After the decent out of the parking lot you end up at the bottom of the reservoir. From there you climb to the top of the mountain that defines Round Valley. I forget the altitude change but it is a few hundred feet. And right as you get near the top there is a sharp right hand turn on to what used to be a steep, rocky section for a hundred yards or so. If you can make it all the way to the top without stopping you have good fitness and bike handling skills. I wouldn't call it a fun place to ride just because there is only 1 trail. But for people like me who love the challenge of the climb, Round Valley is the place to go.

m.cruz

I was there this past week and there are four trails: the red which goes up the mountain, the green which they call the pine tree, a blue which follows the water and meets the green, and a white which is a small loop near the water. Am i crazy or are these not supposed to be bike trails? I rode them assuming that i could.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions