new to north jersey, looking for trails

D

dsidener

Hi - Great site! Looking for trails (singletrack, fire roads, NOT paved or rails-to-trails) in or near Morris county. Anything with 10-20 miles of trails? Does anybody do group rides in the area? Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
dsidener said:
Hi - Great site! Looking for trails (singletrack, fire roads, NOT paved or rails-to-trails) in or near Morris county. Anything with 10-20 miles of trails? Does anybody do group rides in the area? Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Welcome to the site! How did you find us?

We have a ride today at 4pm at Alamuchy and tomorrow down at Mercer County Park. Both places rock! I'm in Mine Hill if you wanna come today you can follow me over.

-jay

D

dsidener

Jay - Thanks for the offer. Can't do it today but another time... How far is Allamuchy from eastern Morris county? Where's Mine Hill? I've been in Morris County (East Hanover) for 2 weeks...

Found the site via Altavista, came up in the 1st 10 for "Morristown, mountain biking, NJ"

Think I'm going to check out Tourne or Lewis Morris Wed. or Thurs after work.

Dave

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Great to know we are finally showing up in search engines.

From East Hanover I'd say you are about 20 minutes from Allamuchy. Mine Hill is right next to Dover, Randolph, in between route 46 and 10. I'm about 10 minutes from East Hanover is the traffic lights are good to me on Route 10.

I love hitting Tourne and Lewis Morris after work. Two great spots! Let me know if you are definite for Thursday, I can probably join you.

-jay

M

mike240se

hey welcome to the site! i ride tourne alot after work, when weather permits. I will join you on thursday if i can, shouldnt be a problem. don't worry we dont ride rails-to-trails :)

D

dsidener

Lived in the South Jersey/Philly area most of my life. Moved back about a year ago after 5 years in Michigan for grad school. haven't spent much time above Mercer county...

-Dave

D

dsidener

Jay and Mike - Sorry, can't do Tourne tonite - maybe middle of next week?
Dave

Top Bottom