New to NJ!

ryhinchey

Hi there! I recently moved here and am pretty new to riding. I’ve hit up 6 mile and Lewis Morris and am going to the NJ MTB Festival in a few weeks. I’m going to get some camping in on the Saturday of the festival so if anyone wants to get some riding on that Saturday, let me know.

Looking forward to getting out on more trails and joining some group rides too.

Cheers!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome,
Ride bikes, ask questions, join in, we entertain all forms of stupidity.

Stay tuned for monthly group rides as well.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome! :)

You mentioned that you’re relatively new to riding, what was your experience at the two parks like? Too easy/hard? Which did you prefer and why?

Just trying to gauge where you are (riding wise) so we can recommend additional parks that you might enjoy as well.

ryhinchey

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@Juggernaut Ive been to 6 mile a few times now and have done the whole trail map. I do red to blue parking lot to parking lot and enjoy it. I’m ready to try something with more climbs and descents.

I’ve only been to Lewis Morris once and enjoyed it. I like putting in some climbing sweat equity to enjoy a faster/steeper descent.

I have work to do with rocky/technical trails and am activity seeking those trails out to practice on.

I live in Maplewood and am trying to get out 2-3x per week. With one or two on weekends and an after work ride thrown in when possible.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Thanks for the warm welcome!

@Juggernaut Ive been to 6 mile a few times now and have done the whole trail map. I do red to blue parking lot to parking lot and enjoy it. I’m ready to try something with more climbs and descents.

I’ve only been to Lewis Morris once and enjoyed it. I like putting in some climbing sweat equity to enjoy a faster/steeper descent.

I have work to do with rocky/technical trails and am activity seeking those trails out to practice on.

I live in Maplewood and am trying to get out 2-3x per week. With one or two on weekends and an after work ride thrown in when possible.

Excellent! Your next trail should be Nassau. More up and down than sixmile, with introductory level rocks and nice flow.

Details in the trail section on this site. Have fun! :)

Last edited:

thegock

Or Hartshorne/Huber. Then Chimney Rock.
IMG_20190910_100711-01.jpeg

Top Bottom