new to NJ biking (peapack/gladstone)

R

Raph

HI everyone, I am new to jersey biking and relatively new to riding in general. i picked it up this past december in Florida where i winter. i'll be heading back up north in a few weeks and was wondering if people could recommend good trails and if anyone was needing a riding partner. i would probably consider myself at an intermediate level, but since FL is rather flat, i haven't done any true hill work yet. I live in the peapack/gladstone area. thanks for any help. :)

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
There are not any trails in Gladstone/Peapack that I am aware of. The road riding around there is amazing though. You are right in between of Chimney Rock and Lewis Morris. On the northern side of I-80 Allamuchy and Mahlon D. Both great trails!

qsilvr99

Welcome to the site. You are positioned almost smack-dab in the middle of great destinational areas for mountain biking. To the south you have Chimney Rock (CR), Six Mile (6M), and Sourlands. To the north, you have Allamuchy, Lewis-Morris, and Mahlon Dickerson.

Attend a group ride and have a blast.

BTW, Florida is flat, but she has some nice great reverse mountains: Santos Trails http://omba.org/

R

Raph

santos is where i ride. i currently live about 20 minutes from there. it's a blast

R

Raph

thank-you so much for the info. is there a good website where i could find the location of the trailheads?

rlb

You're here :D Check the Trails Directory up top, or check the sub-forums for each trail

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well is it Chester, Peapack, or Gladstone?

I road ride out there often, in the P/G area. Chester from time to time. Never in Florida.

R

Raph

thanks for the help :) :) i live in "horse country" about equal distant from chester and gladstone. closest "town" to me would be Pottersville.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks for the help :) :) i live in "horse country" about equal distant from chester and gladstone. closest "town" to me would be Pottersville.

In the summer, the Pottersville General Store is like the Daytona 500 of road bikers.

AnneT

Black River Road is a good climb out of Pottersville! Welcome!!

Top Bottom