New to New Jersey

Off The Road Again

Welcome to Jersey!! Some of the best riding is found in this rocky state. If you enjoyed, and was able to ride, what you did at Wawayanda, you'll do fine in NJ. LewMo has no tech, but can be fun. Progressively harder than Lew Mo would be Deer Park, Stephens, Kittatinney. Tougher yet is Chimney Rock, Mahlon Dickerson, High Mt, Jungle Habitat, Wawayanda. Toughest of all is Wildcat, Round Valley (all climbing), Sourlands, Ringwood. And there are tons of trail systems inbetween! I mostly ride Chimney Rock and Sourlands, so hit me up if you want a tour.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
If you're going to be in Lenox, then Beebe State Forest in NY is a must visit. It is the best trails near Pittsfield, IMO. It's a 25 minute drive but well worth it. 20+ miles of trails.

There's also a good downhill park not too too far from there - Thunder Mountain.
I’m fortunate that my friend has a house near Beebe. Great trail system.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
I moved down to the New Providence area 2 years ago, and finally have been rooted enough to start biking again this year (pun intended the roots here are insane). I've started off at Lewis Morris, and have pretty much conquered these trails thoroughly, maxing out at a few times through the 5.5 mile loop. Am looking to branch out to something a little tougher and longer.

Any suggestions for where I should head next? Also, any weekly group rides in the area I could check out?
Shameless plug...Come to the NJ Mountain Bike Festival

Top Bottom