New to mtb

JSko

Hello everyone, I am Jason, and I just started riding earlier this month. A friend of mine got me into it, and so far I'm loving it. I've mainly been riding the weekends, but I want to try to get out more during the week. I am out of shape and figured this is an excellent way to get some exercise and have a good time doing it. Every time I go out I am noticing great improvement over the last time.

I have been to Deer Park, and some of Allamuchy North. Since I am in Hackettstown its very convenient to have all these great parks in the area. I picked up my first bike which is a Airborne Guardian HT 29er. So far It has been great, and has taken quite a beating already.

See you on the trails.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice jason brand new and already into north. See you out on the trails, old fat orange/blue dude.

JSko

Nice jason brand new and already into north. See you out on the trails, old fat orange/blue dude.

I really like North compared to Deer Park, and I probably only seen 1/4 of it. My friend showed me the ropes of North, and really helped push me to improve myself there.

White trail up from tranquility gets a little tiring, once I am in better shape I think it will be no problem. We went to Lumpy yesterday, I had a few falls and laughs. It is challenging, but I need to try it so I can improve. Managed to pull my first OTB too :eek:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome aboard...The OTB stuff will happen and of course the dreaded "clipless moment" :)

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Welcome!

If convenient for you, try the beginner rides at Allaire on Tuesday nights (6pm)

MannyL358

Welcome aboard fellow Northerner! If at this stage you've got the cohunes to try lumpy the rest is all gravy. ;)

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dave told me you said you might come ride Lewis Morris with us after work next week. He said I should bug you about it so that you actually come out. So come out with us!

JSko

Dave told me you said you might come ride Lewis Morris with us after work next week. He said I should bug you about it so that you actually come out. So come out with us!

Talking about twisting my arm. Let me know what day, and Ill bring the bike in. Ill talk to you guys at work next week.

Top Bottom