New to mountain biking

Brett

How is the 2015 trek fuel 27.5 is that a good beginner bike going to do some trail riding and maybe so mountain creak

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Based on the 27.5 part I'm assuming you mean the fuel ex (130mm travel) great for trail riding idk about creek, that depends more on rider skill and style

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you plan on going to mountain creek, my advice is always: either hire a coach/guide for the day to show you around or go with someone who knows the park and can point out features and take you on trails you'll enjoy. It's very easy to get in over your head there.

FYI: I have a 5010 and take it to creek. It has 130 travel and is fine BUT I think I would enjoy it more if I had a bit more travel (150-160).

Brett

If you plan on going to mountain creek, my advice is always: either hire a coach/guide for the day to show you around or go with someone who knows the park and can point out features and take you on trails you'll enjoy. It's very easy to get in over your head there.

FYI: I have a 5010 and take it to creek. It has 130 travel and is fine BUT I think I would enjoy it more if I had a bit more travel (150-160).
Yes I have a good friend of mine that rides there.I was asking about bike so I know if it is a good bike to buy or look for a differnt bike

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No
Call me a purists if you will but I would recommend buying hardtail as your first bike. Beat the crap out of that for trail riding and rent a proper bike for Creek.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Perfectly okay bike for NJ and all around. Fine for lighter 'creek days but you might ultimately want something bigger.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just be aware that a full suspension bike of this age could require a lot of work. Really applies to any used bike, but with full suspension your adding in the potential for a shock service and new pivot bearings.

this is a good point, speaking as the owner of a fuel ex (2018) i replace the bearings yearly, and they have needed it.

skully

I own a 2015 fuel ex7 with 29 in wheels.....and I love it !!!!!!! It has been a great bike and still is of course I have made a few small upgrades over the years ..but overall, out of the box, this thing has been great for me !!!!!!!

Top Bottom