New to Jungle

Jase

Thinking about heading up there on Sunday, will be my first time. Best way to get there from Essex county. Where is the best place to park and what trails should I head for first so that I dont get lost? Or maybe I should get lost and find my way out....LOL :D:D

Edit: Running a 32 in the front, should i change to a 30?

Last edited:
I run a 30 x 11-36 and I'm fine and I'm not in good shape.

Park at the gate. Head up animal chute. Ride warthog counter clockwise. Then go up rhino and ride the stuff up there (tanks, cages, fish, etc) make sure you ride boon. At the end of boon head across the path and down the power lines like 40 feet and the start of the new trail is there on the right. At the bottom of that ride dump truck hill loop and finish the ride by going up lower chute to the car.

So yeah, grab the map off jorbas website.

Jungle isn't extremely hard to navigate once you find the trail entrances. Warthog is a good place to get a feel for the place and still one of my favorites. I rode it on a 32T early season without issue, but have been riding a 30x11-36 everywhere for a while now because of my knees.

If you're short on time or want to lower the chances of getting lost, you can ride the paved road directly up from the entrance until you hit the big parking lot. Once you hit the lot, stay all the way right and half way up the little hill you'll see the entrance to Warthog. After that, head up Otter Slide and then it's almost all downhill from there. There are also many intersecting paved/dirt fire roads so it's usually pretty easy to pinpoint where you are or if you need a quick cruise back to the car.

The route in green is usually the loop I do:

auYBzwK.png

Mostly all of the trails are marked with white paint right now and have their names spray painted on the paved roadway. Ride up chute from where you park. When you ride through the fence, chute's entrance is about 50 feet on your left and then a quick right. If you made a left that would be lower chute. As 1shot said, go to warthog and climb up otterslide. You will hit two intersections at the top of otterslide, you will want to stay left at both of them. It will connect you to cages and bring you back to a paved road. Theres many other trails, but you need explore a bit to find them. A lot of us who regularly ride there take the shortcuts to everything.

All that advice is good but I also love Rhino and Babs if you wanna add a little more distance. I also prefer riding Warthog clockwise starting at "Tusk" so my loop looks kinda like a figure 8.

I am a big fan of Boon myself. My go to trail for when I demo bikes. Boon and Goat are good for that.

I was able to get there sat late afternoon. Did Shute (not sure why it's spelled like that) to Warthog, did Warthog counter clockwise to Tusk area, then the tunnels out and back to Shute. Thank God for Maprika, help a lot.

Wanted to do more, but ran out of day light.

Diffidently want to go back and do more. Nice place and some history behind it as well.

Did Shute (not sure why it's spelled like that)

It was spelled that way on the original surveyors maps. We kept it. Sometimes we highlight the different sections, lower, middle and upper each with a different spelling. Chute, Shoot and Shute.

I run a 30 x 11-36 and I'm fine and I'm not in good shape.

Park at the gate. Head up animal chute. Ride warthog counter clockwise. Then go up rhino and ride the stuff up there (tanks, cages, fish, etc) make sure you ride boon. At the end of boon head across the path and down the power lines like 40 feet and the start of the new trail is there on the right. At the bottom of that ride dump truck hill loop and finish the ride by going up lower chute to the car.

So yeah, grab the map off jorbas website.

Which way is best for fish and boon?

Both are mostly downhill from left to right on the map above and that's the way I ride them. only way to ride both in that direction is to do 1, then climb the "Safari 1" road between them, then do the other.

There was a massive black bear that went towards lower chute from the lot as I was leaving with my group this Wednesday. Keep an eye out and have fun!

Was thinking of going there tomorrow morning myself or somewhere in North Jersey but wouldn't mind riding with somebody else particularly after reading the post about the large black bear. anybody thinking of riding here tomorrow. I know the trails here so if someone's going that's new to the area I can show you

I can join you Monday or Friday next week, pending weather.

Was thinking of going there tomorrow morning myself or somewhere in North Jersey but wouldn't mind riding with somebody else particularly after reading the post about the large black bear. anybody thinking of riding here tomorrow. I know the trails here so if someone's going that's new to the area I can show you

What time are you thinking?

I'm supposed to ride with a buddy of mine, he said he has to get a couple of things done in the am, and then he's free. I'll text you in the am, to let you know a better idea of exactly the time.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions