New to Forum, Morris County Rider

1000rr85

Just stopping in for a quick introduction and to see who all rides in my area. I started getting back into mountain biking last fall after taking about four years off to focus on motocross (biked for about 5 years before that). I picked up a Giant Trance 29er, still working on getting used to the cornering of the 29er and building my endurance back up. In terms of ability, I'd conciser myself that guy who needs to get out C-Class but will get destroyed in the B-Class.

Anyway, somewhat new to the area. I typically go riding later on Friday afternoons. Usually Lewis Morris, Tourne, or Mahlon Dickerson. Feel free to hit me up if anyone ever wants to meet up for a ride. Crashing and doing dumb stuff is always better when there is someone to laugh at you!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome!

If you're available, there's weekly rides at Lew Mo: 6pm. Wednesdays. Sunrise lot.

Sometimes I'll pop in on that group ride.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Hit up Dickerson Mine if you haven’t. You’ll like it. I recently left Morristown but that was my go to.

1000rr85

Welcome!

If you're available, there's weekly rides at Lew Mo: 6pm. Wednesdays. Sunrise lot.

Sometimes I'll pop in on that group ride.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to stop up for a ride on a couple Wednesdays. Is there a person who organizes it, or do you just show up?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last edited:

Zudnik

Just stopping in for a quick introduction and to see who all rides in my area. I started getting back into mountain biking last fall after taking about four years off to focus on motocross (biked for about 5 years before that). I picked up a Giant Trance 29er, still working on getting used to the cornering of the 29er and building my endurance back up. In terms of ability, I'd conciser myself that guy who needs to get out C-Class but will get destroyed in the B-Class.

Anyway, somewhat new to the area. I typically go riding later on Friday afternoons. Usually Lewis Morris, Tourne, or Mahlon Dickerson. Feel free to hit me up if anyone ever wants to meet up for a ride. Crashing and doing dumb stuff is always better when there is someone to laugh at you!
Cool. I can't ride with you, but if you see a fat, slow, old guy pushing his bike up at Lewis Morris you can assume it's me. Especially so if you hear a lot of huffing and puffing.

Mark S

I’ve recently noticed that there are a lot of “old, slow, out of shape” riders out there. Since I’m in that same category, I’m thinking that there should be a group ride for antiques like us. (Slow and relaxed) I often ride Mercer and Clayton on a very flexible schedule. Any antiques interested?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome to the forum !

Keep pedaling, and post bike pics!

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I enjoyed MX in my youth(man the was a long time ago). The nice part is about your MX experience is it should help with your balance and skills. So many places to ride in your area and yet you are a quick drive from the northern parks as well. Enjoy

Hey all,

also recently moved to Morristown area and looking for other riders to hit the trails with. Understand group rides aren’t happening right now but would be great to have at least one other person to ride with occasionally. Consider myself a solidly intermediate rider. Still exploring the retails up here. MDR and Jungle Habitat have been my faves so far.

on that note, if anyone of up for riding Jungle Habitat on Saturday (Oct 31) morning please reach out. Looking to get to the parking lot around 9/9:30.

Cheers,
Aaron

jackx

I’ve recently noticed that there are a lot of “old, slow, out of shape” riders out there. Since I’m in that same category, I’m thinking that there should be a group ride for antiques like us. (Slow and relaxed) I often ride Mercer and Clayton on a very flexible schedule. Any antiques interested?
There are others who are out of shape on this board and embrace it more than others, so you should be able to join some rides with others who are often out of service.
Welcome @1000rr85 and Good luck!

1000rr85

Hey all,

also recently moved to Morristown area and looking for other riders to hit the trails with. Understand group rides aren’t happening right now but would be great to have at least one other person to ride with occasionally. Consider myself a solidly intermediate rider. Still exploring the retails up here. MDR and Jungle Habitat have been my faves so far.

on that note, if anyone of up for riding Jungle Habitat on Saturday (Oct 31) morning please reach out. Looking to get to the parking lot around 9/9:30.

Cheers,
Aaron
Welcome. I am fairly close to Morristown and typically go riding on Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings. I'm not around this weekend, but maybe we can meet up next weekend

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hey all,

Cheers,
Aaron
Dickerson mine is a good spot not far from you.

Zudnik

I may see you out there on my ebeater, Cube 160. I ride Lewis Morris frequently, but also do a lot of exploring around black river and some trails I recently found between Chester and Mendham. Haven't made it over to Mine Hill yet since I recently had some surgery but am hoping to maybe get there Sat or Sun. I'd old, slow, and out of shape but with some e help I can get around on the trails. When I ride at LMP I usually spend more of my time on the green, orange and red trails.

Top Bottom