New to Boulderama

all_mt_clyde

We recently moved about 15 minutes from Sourland and after 3-4 rides I think I have my tour down. It doesn’t involve Boulderama. I tried it 3 weeks ago and decided to walk after 1/4 way down.

Is there a way to describe the ‘line(s)’ or do I have to hook up with a local. Would really like to ride it to complete a loop as opposed to an out-and-back.

I’m used to riding tech growing up in PA, but that didn’t look fun. Open to local knowledge.

rick81721

Lothar
We recently moved about 15 minutes from Sourland and after 3-4 rides I think I have my tour down. It doesn’t involve Boulderama. I tried it 3 weeks ago and decided to walk after 1/4 way down.

Is there a way to describe the ‘line(s)’ or do I have to hook up with a local. Would really like to ride it to complete a loop as opposed to an out-and-back.

I’m used to riding tech growing up in PA, but that didn’t look fun. Open to local knowledge.

I try it maybe once a year. It's not fun. I usually go clockwise up white, hit the connector, then red all the way across, take white back to the pipeline and bomb down. Now that's fun. An easier and more fun way down instead of white from boulderama is the central connector.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

It’s a little point and shoot, but once you bobble, you usually have to walk to a decent spot to get back on. If you have gravity working for you when you’re pointed downhill, just keep going, stay relaxed and hold on.

I’m there a few times a month and am always willing to give a tour. Im just not the fastest rider on the planet.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Knowing lines helps but just keep pedaling and keep momentum up also does. It's still rough. Still trying to nail down a group ride date but would be good to go with people who know the lines.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ya learn it in sections.

There are many alternate lines. Some are obvious, others not so much.

The loop around the boulders is tough enough. There is a way to go over them.
The ride down north side is no joke either.

Wish i was in better shape. Went otb up there beginning of July and I'm just ready to start riding again. I'd take you for my loop.

Def need an 'on the rocks' party ride

Last edited:

snashters

That northern part of Boulderama back down to the parking lot and the second half of Chunky Monkey (clockwise) are probably the most difficult sections, there are not many easy go-arounds on those. And if doing an outside clockwise loop I'm getting tired by the time I reach that last part of Boulderama.
I'm local and can show you the lines, I don't ride fast at Sourlands.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions