New to biking / New to this board

S

staytrue

What's up everyone. I found this forum over the weekend while looking for somewhere new to ride and figured I'd sign up and learn a few things and maybe make some new friends. I started riding last summer in preparation for the Timberbrook Triathlon down in Howell. I picked up a cheap Rockhopper on Craigslist and I've been riding down at Hartshorne and the Manasquan Reservoir pretty regularly ever since and had an awesome time on a weekend camping and riding trip up in New Paltz.

I love the shorter, hilly and bumpy loop at Hartshorne and I'm looking for something that's that much fun up here in North Jersey. I went out to Tourne Park this past weekend after reading about it on here and it was a little bland by comparison, even with the ice and snow, but still a nice ride.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hey man welcome about the crazy train. awesome avatar by the way! "IM GOING HOME, IM GOING HOME! CLEAR A PATH YOU MOTHERFUCKER'S! IM GOING HOME!"

rlb

Welcome! Check out Lewis Morris (never been there but its on my list of beginner-ish places to go). Check out the trail directory link up top for a nice inventory of what we have here in NJ.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
howdy

i like ringwood's fire roads, also, if it stays cold, the red road in carlstadt can be ridden on a mountain bike

i don't know jersey too much, but i bet near your backyard, around the h.u.m.d.c, threre is some sort of mtb to be had

welcome

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
What's up everyone. I found this forum over the weekend while looking for somewhere new to ride and figured I'd sign up and learn a few things and maybe make some new friends. I started riding last summer in preparation for the Timberbrook Triathlon down in Howell. I picked up a cheap Rockhopper on Craigslist and I've been riding down at Hartshorne and the Manasquan Reservoir pretty regularly ever since and had an awesome time on a weekend camping and riding trip up in New Paltz.

I love the shorter, hilly and bumpy loop at Hartshorne and I'm looking for something that's that much fun up here in North Jersey. I went out to Tourne Park this past weekend after reading about it on here and it was a little bland by comparison, even with the ice and snow, but still a nice ride.

It might be difficult to match a bumpy loop at Hartshorne here in North Jersey. :rolleyes:

Welcome!

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'll give you LM (but not KVSP).
Point is, if you live in No. Jersey why would you want a trail that resembles Hartshorne?

Mare

I know; I'm still trying to figure out wtf a 'h.u.m.d.c' is. :confused:

Apparently huMDC is the same as muMDC. Understandably confusing. Perhaps this will help to clarify things up a bit:

Specifically: Radiolabeled Ligand Binding to gpCCR4 Transfectants-- Stable transfectants expressing gpCCR4 or huCCR4 were butyrate-treated overnight, as above. The cells were washed in RPMI + 0.5% BSA + 25 mM HEPES (pH 7.4) (binding buffer), counted, and resuspended in binding buffer at a density of 2 × 107 cells/ml. The assay was carried out as previously described (34). Briefly, cells were incubated with 0.1 nM 125I-huMDC and increasing concentrations of unlabeled huMDC or muMDC for 60 min at room temperature. Following centrifugation through Nyosil oil (Nye, Fairhaven, MA), cell-bound chemokine was determined using a Canberra Packard Cobra 5010-counter (Canberra Packard, Pangebourne, UK). Approximately 28% of 125I-huMDC was bound by huCCR4-transfected cells in the absence of competitor whereas 6% was bound by gpCCR4-transfected cells. Scatchard analysis of data was performed using MacLigand (35).

Helpful, right?

dualfisted

this is the best post EVER!!!!

Apparently huMDC is the same as muMDC. Understandably confusing. Perhaps this will help to clarify things up a bit:

Specifically: Radiolabeled Ligand Binding to gpCCR4 Transfectants-- Stable transfectants expressing gpCCR4 or huCCR4 were butyrate-treated overnight, as above. The cells were washed in RPMI + 0.5% BSA + 25 mM HEPES (pH 7.4) (binding buffer), counted, and resuspended in binding buffer at a density of 2 × 107 cells/ml. The assay was carried out as previously described (34). Briefly, cells were incubated with 0.1 nM 125I-huMDC and increasing concentrations of unlabeled huMDC or muMDC for 60 min at room temperature. Following centrifugation through Nyosil oil (Nye, Fairhaven, MA), cell-bound chemokine was determined using a Canberra Packard Cobra 5010-counter (Canberra Packard, Pangebourne, UK). Approximately 28% of 125I-huMDC was bound by huCCR4-transfected cells in the absence of competitor whereas 6% was bound by gpCCR4-transfected cells. Scatchard analysis of data was performed using MacLigand (35).

Helpful, right?

I'm damn near rolling on the floor!!!!!! Hahahaha!!!!
PS-North Jersey??? Ringwood me thinks!!! Welcome new dude!

MVMX

Helpful, right?

5:46 AM! Must have been some good times.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome Aboard,
if you get to Manasquan Reservoir you should hit up Allaire.

Panhead

Head over to Deer Park Allamuchy. I think Jackman means HMDC. If you go there bring a .22 for the wild dogs that'll eat yer ass.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
too many acronyms

I think Jackman means HMDC. If you go there bring a .22 for the wild dogs that'll eat yer ass.
yes

the h.u.m.c. is just hackensack university medical center, so i must have combined the two

S

staytrue

"IM GOING HOME, IM GOING HOME! CLEAR A PATH YOU MOTHERFUCKER'S! IM GOING HOME!"

Haha, thanks. Now I have that Hope Con song in my head.

And thanks to everyone else for your suggestions. I'm going out on Sunday in Monmouth Country - Possibly to Hartshorne, but if my riding buddy's up for trying something new I want to try to get out to Allaire.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

did you find any of the unmarked trails in tourne? bc most of the good trails are not marked on the map, or are indicated as foot traffic only, but i have never had a problem riding on any trail there, i spent all summer riding there this year and everytime i was out (or it seemed like every time) i would find another unmarked trail to ride, youjust need to look for the unmarked trails, when you find them y ou will know it

secondspeed02

yea riding at tourne

okay heres alittle tip beware of hikers and dogwalkers besides that your fine to ride anywhere.. great place to ride in..plus ya there are more then five miles of trails please come on!!! Today its blast w/ 3inches of snow and rock hard trails from this freeze.. This coming feb and march Im totally riding on weekends with my singlespeed 32x19
--- > oh yea any people to ride let me know...

Top Bottom