New stuff

rode this tonight. FUN FUN FUN. also was my first expierience with bridges too. had a great time. didnt fall off a single one. haha.

yea, the thorn bushes have introduced them selves to me, as have some roots that like to grab pedals and feet. it sure is fun saying "hey" to your back tire as it bonks your noggin

yeah im also not used to roots that go with the trail instead of accross them. i caught one last night and ended up hugging a tree. literally.

pwned-bike.jpg

Does anyone notice that recently the logs have had dirt mounds before/after them. And also on some of those multi log lump...things...theres now mud inbetween all the seperate logs? I was just there this morning, smooths it out a bit

that line keep getting better and better as it get ridden in...

speaking of "new" stuff..there is a new tree down on the red trail, axle height on a 26er...This log is about the perfect height, not too big, not too small, sqaure to the trail and perfect for the good ole front wheel bump (jap tap). Lets not bastardize this one with a bunch of sticks to make it rollable...:getsome:

The log has been removed as many others :( ... the red trail is really smooooth now...

The log has been removed as many others :( ... the red trail is really smooooth now...

when it was still there, how'd you get over it? just hop it? i think i could but i bitched out of jumping the middle everytime and just hopped over it to the side. whats the jap tap?

when it was still there, how'd you get over it? just hop it? i think i could but i bitched out of jumping the middle everytime and just hopped over it to the side. whats the jap tap?

jap tap is when you lift the front wheel, hit it in the log or obstacle and then push forward right to your rear wheel. If you have front suspension, you can use the rebound to get a better "hop"

As far someone being used to northern NJ trials would say this is an easier trail? I'm looking for a more hangover friendly or noob friendly places to ride. Is the place hilly? I've never been there but i always pictured it have the flow of Hartshorne but the scenery and climbing of Allaire.

What would be a comparable park for climbing? I've been to most of the main NJ parks, including Hartshorne, Allaire, Clayton, and Chimney Rock of that vacinity.

As far someone being used to northern NJ trials would say this is an easier trail? I'm looking for a more hangover friendly or noob friendly places to ride. Is the place hilly? I've never been there but i always pictured it have the flow of Hartshorne but the scenery and climbing of Allaire.

What would be a comparable park for climbing? I've been to most of the main NJ parks, including Hartshorne, Allaire, Clayton, and Chimney Rock of that vacinity.

climbing=0
it's flat, tight, twisty, and fun.

added but not tested yet... will be completed tonight

anyone have any ideas to add more stuff like this? obvoiusly to get approved by the j's and the park, it has to be well within the limits of what would be considered "safe". I am willing to buy some wood and'or help build it if we can find a good place that would a nice feature, this one is well built and i really enjoy what it adds to 6 mile as a whole.

I've been thinking about adding a couple of "clean" logs (about 2 feet) at 27 side since their disappearance form Red Trail... Of cause with alternative bypass them... there is a good place at the tweesty section not so far from intersection with a fire road where some "lazy" guys straightened the trail...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions