New Stuff?

So who bought some new stuff this winter? Let's see it. Screw it just post some bike pix! I see Frank has a new RFX. Dan's got a new 28 and three quarter and seems he's still looking for new lungs. lol. Me too.

This is my new old winter bike build. Gone is the seven inch bike, parted out and reconstituted into a much lighter, smoother 130 setup. It took me forever to find a frame I wanted and ended up getting a frame I used to think I didn't like. Man I was wrong. I love the slack and solid setup of this frame. Great fun on the trail, definitely got what I was looking for in this bike.

attachment.php

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Those Enduro's are great. I've got one friend who has his set up as a pure XC machine, and another who I've watched nail 20' high speed doubles and 10+ foot drops on his...

Dude, that's like 3 Enduros ago. :D

Given your height I'd assumed you'd be on the 29er thing too.

Ahh... that's why it's a new old build, and still a completely relevant design. Pretty soon these bike builders will run out of ways to repackage the same thing. However, the benefit of that kind of marketing is great frames at a fraction of their original cost.

29er? Did you mean 28 and 3/4? Ney. Not anytime soon. Though I hear those things practically pedal themselves. LOL

The great thing about this build is that it cost me nothing after the buying and selling of parts. Feels very dh and still pedals superbly. Much to my surprise it ended up to be 4 lbs. lighter than I planned for and expected. :D

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
So who bought some new stuff this winter? Let's see it. Screw it just post some bike pix! I see Frank has a new RFX. Dan's got a new 28 and three quarter and seems he's still looking for new lungs. lol. Me too.

This is my new old winter bike build...

The Stevesquatch has a new old ride! Nice.

I just got a set of Mavic Crossmax ST's for my Trance X1. I'm waiting for spring to throw those babies on. Can't wait!

NickDavid

I didnt get anything over the winter, but just before, I bought leg & arm warmers. I never understood the hype of those until I bought them. They work wonders without having to wear a full leg bib.

D

DANSPANK

I didn't get anything bike-related over Chirstmas but with my tax rebate I just paid off my Spider 29er - so it's truly mine now. High five!

xc62701

I got an '08 Fisher Rig. It's the replacement for my 99 Trek 8000 SS conversion that had a downtube failure.

Top Bottom