New SRAM NX 1x11 Drivetrain

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My guess is $310 to add about 5 pounds to your bike.

I am finding out that I dislike sram more and more.

I think it's time to do the switch to XT

After the Fat SS experiment

Then again maybe I should actually just try riding a bike first.

Just a personal opinion.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
This is interesting, I was just talking with another forum member about this yesterday; I was kind of shocked you can piece together a complete XT m8000 1x11 setup, 11-42 for $250 online. Plus you do not need to get a new hub or driver for your rear wheel.

XT is good stuff, right? Trying to do the same bulid with X1 stuff is around $600. Is XT now budget stuff? What am I missing?

I would think about swapping over to this, but I would need to get the XT brakes too because it would look silly to run Sram brakes and Shimano drivetrain :p

Johnny Utah

This is interesting, I was just talking with another forum member about this yesterday; I was kind of shocked you can piece together a complete XT m8000 1x11 setup, 11-42 for $250 online. Plus you do not need to get a new hub or driver for your rear wheel.

XT is good stuff, right? Trying to do the same bulid with X1 stuff is around $600. Is XT now budget stuff? What am I missing?

I would think about swapping over to this, but I would need to get the XT brakes too because it would look silly to run Sram brakes and Shimano drivetrain :p

I am a huge fan of the X1/XX1 drivetrain, but agree the XT with the none XD hub is a huge plus when converting. As for brakes, I just put Guides on my fatty to replace the XO set I have, I love them. The Saint brakes on the Nomad are taking some getting used to though.

qclabrat

My guess is $310 to add about 5 pounds to your bike.

I am finding out that I dislike sram more and more.

I think it's time to do the switch to XT

After the Fat SS experiment

Then again maybe I should actually just try riding a bike first.

Just a personal opinion.
I've never found a reason to replace my sram 9 spd stuff, perfect since day one

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Because you're probably looking at European sites. I doubt it's that cheap in the US?

I think this NX setup is a big deal as it doesn't require the XD driver. However, neither does the Shimano.

I wouldn't buy this because I'm boycotting SRAM and their stupid naming schemes. They used to make sense. X5, X7, X9 etc. Now it takes an hour of internet searching to figure out which derailleur works with what shifter, etc.

rsinger814

It could be so cheap now because of this.

Shimano announced huge price drops for the US.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you haven't worn out a drive train in 3-4 yrs you need to ride your bike more. :)

I think I'm on 7 or so years of 9 speed. When it's just a chain and a cassette it's hard to justify the swap. Then again that bike is 26", I'm pretty sure 29" is what has led to all the problem solving of 11-42 and such cassettes.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
how much is a flight to UK?
It doesn't work that way!

Although, similarly, when the Apple watch came out someone figured out that the pricing in the UK was so stupid that it was cheaper to fly to NYC from London, stay in an AirBNB apartment for a few days, buy the watch in NYC and fly back.

Top Bottom