New Site

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What does everyones think. These colors are going to take some getting used to. I was going to say AON must have had a hand in picking the colors but then I realized everything would have been pink.:p

Looks good guys!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i can dig it - been poking around the new stuff. nice new look - it doesn't break rule #1*.

*there are two rules to life. Rule #1 - no getting fancy. Rule #2 - no bustin' in the pants.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Can't say I like it. The colors, well, I guess are used fror obvious reasons, but the orange and blue are jarring. Blue with a dark blue and then use the orange sparringly would be much easier on the eyes.

The whole page layout is much less user friendly and less appealing. I've seen this forum style somewhere else and thought it was actually an older version of the vbulliten. I guess this is the new one. I guess there's good reasons for moving to it, but it'll take some getting used to.

J-Dro

Hmmm. This new color scheme will be harder to discreetly sit on my desktop at the office.:hmmm:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, the colors are now consistent with the jerseys. Damn good thing we didn't go with argyle.

Thanks to all who helped with the fundraiser. That allowed us the copious amount of paint needed to redo the walls in here.

Also, by all means, if something needs tweaking, speak up. There is no such thing as a bad suggestion, IMO, unless you start the suggestion with "Hey asshat..."

Enjoy, and thanks to Fogerson for taking this project on!

walter

Fourth Party
To quote the great Sol Rosenberg, "My eyes is going crazy!"

Check the pm box, that got anti'd up too

Good job crew!

alex_k

Can't say I like it. The colors, well, I guess are used fror obvious reasons, but the orange and blue are jarring. Blue with a dark blue and then use the orange sparringly would be much easier on the eyes.

The whole page layout is much less user friendly and less appealing. I've seen this forum style somewhere else and thought it was actually an older version of the vbulliten. I guess this is the new one. I guess there's good reasons for moving to it, but it'll take some getting used to.

I agree 100%

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i don't think the color scheme change was to match the jerseys... i think it was to match shaggz avitar :D

Glancing Aft

What about the SS Widgets? This site needs more widgets. JK....

Everything looks good, but as Jeff said we'll have to make sure to hit Alt+Tab that much quicker.

alex_k

I think the color schema was chosen to shock all of us and drag attention from the rest of changes ;).

Everything else is fine!!! Please, please change colors back:D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd

Actually, the page layout really isn't different other than the fact it is dynamic instead of fixed width (and of course font, icon, color changes). We could certainly make it fixed width if that is a hang up...I happen to prefer the dynamic.

The flow is "mucked up" because of the notice...that will vanish soon.

Shaggz is on record as wanting the colors "warmer". Whatever the three Amigos tell me to do, I'll do...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think warmer equals muted. We can dial down the contrast a bit and give it a shot. I don't have Photoshop on this puppy but maybe someone (Justin) can give us an RGB value to try on both of these to tone them down a hair?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I think warmer equals muted. We can dial down the contrast a bit and give it a shot. I don't have Photoshop on this puppy but maybe someone (Justin) can give us an RGB value to try on both of these to tone them down a hair?

I'll see what I can do...

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
As someone with bad eyes, the colors are really tough. Not bad on the jerseys, but painful on the computer screen.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
You now have an option!

Hi gang,

When I tried muting the oranges/blues, it really looked like sh!t.

For those of you who don't like the new look, you can scroll down to the lower left hand corner of the screen. You can select the "MTBNJ Style", which is the orange/blue OR you can select "MTBNJ Classic" to go back to the way it was before.

Tim

sixseven

At first I thought it was a Halloween theme type of thing.
I actually like it punchy the way it is. Nice work.

alex_k

Hi gang,

When I tried muting the oranges/blues, it really looked like sh!t.

For those of you who don't like the new look, you can scroll down to the lower left hand corner of the screen. You can select the "MTBNJ Style", which is the orange/blue OR you can select "MTBNJ Classic" to go back to the way it was before.

Tim

Thanks a lot

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Taken a first step with the new look based on some suggestions...use more blue and orange more sparingly...

So I changed the header bars to be blue and the header, some buttons, and nick-nacks here and there are still orange.

Keep the feedback comin'!

Top Bottom