New Sign On Blue Trail

TAS

We have been working with the assistant trail steward for Mercer County on improved signage for trails.
Today I received and installed the new sign and post for the blue trail.
This should hopefully eliminate any confusion for riders when they exit the woods onto the power line by directing them to the correct route.

TAS
DSCN2495.JPG
fullsizeoutput_d6c.jpeg

MtTrailz

@TAS Thanks for the map pic. I will need to download it on my phone. I road at Mercer the first time a few wks ago and was on the blue trail, turned around at the rowing center. Didn't realize it continued. Hah

jon.e.can

The trail Map shows that you can go by the rowing center, but there is a sign saying “no bikes beyond this point”. Am I actually allowed to go through there?

TAS

The trail Map shows that you can go by the rowing center, but there is a sign saying “no bikes beyond this point”. Am I actually allowed to go through there?
HI Jon...
If you stay on the blue trail along the lake shore it brings you to the Rowing Center AKA "Boathouse". Turn right when you reach the paved area ( No Bicycles sign) and ride around behind the building, that is the "official trail". The trail goes to the gravel path under the power lines, then left thru the parking lot to South Post road. For the blue trail north access, ride up South Post road and the trail head will be on your right.

TAS
1602364494369.png

gpTron

I never noticed a "No bikes" sign by the boathouse and always went in front. Oops. Will have to remember to go behind it now.

MtTrailz

I road the Blue Trail yesterday and didn't notice the no bike sign. I was looking for how to go behind the bathhouse but missed it. Went in front and quickly headed to the road. The northern half of the trail was nice.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions