New short travel bike suggestions welcome

skyrokz

So off the bat no hard tails, not a fan, neither are my back and knees. I have to full squish bikes a specialized Enduro 160mm and an ibis mojo 140mm and while I love these bikes and will ride them till they fall apart I'm looking for something a bit faster with 29" wheels especially in the climbing aspect. I'm going to dirtfest in May so I'll be test riding everything under the roof but suggestions are very welcome.
I will not be racing this bike, more so for faster paced group rides when I'm trying to keep up with others while they are climbing like goats on their hardtails and I'm boping my 160mm of travel like a damn pogo stick...
All suggestions welcome
Personally I would love a bike that would accept a b+ wheelset as well as a 29er since I have three different carbon wheelsets, 29er 12x142, 27.5 12x142 and 27.5 12x148boost. That way I can have options

skyrokz

what about dat santa cruz tall boy wit dat 120mm front lyf
That looks good but if going the Santa Cruz route I'd have to test that against the Hightower which would give me the option to use both 27.5+ and 29er wheels... I'm surprised more bike companies haven't jumped on the bandwagon and released a shorter travel b+ offering since the extra volume in the tires compensates for less travel

skyrokz

I alredy saw a China carbon hardtail frame on ebay that let's you use 27.5+, 27.5, 29er and 29+ wheels just by using a different hole in the rear triangle to mount your axle through... if it was full squish I would be all over it

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Sounds like you're looking for a spearfish. 29er with 80mm in back 100 in front. @rick81721, what do you think of your spearfish?

No boost doe.....

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hightower is a horrible choice. You'll end up taking off the 29" wheels and putting on + tires and leaving it that way.

RobW

I'm loving my superfly FS100 with rear lockout, it still climbs like a billy goat and when unlocked it's so plush and fun and can handle alot of abuse.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Send him a message telling him what you want before you go. He may surprise you...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Try out some XC bikes if you want speed...You have the all mountain setup already so why worry about a bike that is a do-all. Im obviously a huge fan of my scalpel....Cant put a plus wheel on the back, but pretty sure you could on the front.

Top Bottom