New Ringwood rider

AdvtrJnky

Hey...I've been burning up the Morris Co. trails and want to check out Ringwood. I have the trail map but could use some help with what route is rhe best for advanced riding...thanks!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
loopita

Is this the map you have (RVCC)?
I highlighted a loop for you on this map:
RVCCringwoodloop.jpg

It is not the craziest loop and definitely not ALL what this park has to offer but it can get you a feel for the park. I don't know what you mean by advanced, but this is a mix of singletrack and fireroad. I ride there often, if you like I can show you around one of these days.

If you are really adventurous you can try to ride towards BEAR SWAMP and back. The trails that take you out there are a Blast (techy:cool:)

The highlights of this loop are BLUEBERRY, POISON IVY, RENEGADE, and then where I labeled RC (for Race Course, which starts a little bit after the "Ruins").
Oh yes, and start at the Beach House

I hope this helps,

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
shoot!!! I don't know....:eek: :eek: I guess around 8 miles...
...but don't trust me on that. I don't keep track of the milage or elevation or things like that, some of my buddies do. I believe we usually ride about 15 miles, sometimes more sometimes less. I didn't include the whole loop here. ;)

SpartaBard

Shaggz and I keep talking about going up there, but we never make it. Its so easy to just roll out of bed and go to MD or KVSP :rolleyes:

D

DANSPANK

I attempted to do the route listed above. Printed it our and met Ringwood today:
"Hello Ringwood. How are you?"
"Hello Daniel. Here you go..."
And Ringwood promptly handed my my arse!

I obviously missed some turns and I ended up taking the blue then white trail up to Lookout point. The descent from there on the white trail is pretty technical but no endos! Followed cannonball for a bit and had a chat with another rider. Ended up taking the yellow trail which led me back up to Lookout point again!

I found it very, very technical and a little frustrating as I did quite a bit of hike-a-bike. But I was very pleased with the stuff I was able to ride - better than expected. I ended up following the yellow trail. It met with Cannoball again and I just kept on going until I came to Skyline Drive. I didn't have the legs to turn around and go back in so I followed Skyline and the rest of the roads back towards the park. Got up to 44mph down skyline and felt loads safer than on my road bike!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3477480

I hope that I hit some of the more rocky stuff as if the whole park is like the trails around lookout point then I think it's a bit beyond my skills for now! Maybe someone can tell me if the rest of the park is a little more kind!

But, a great day. I picked up a few scars so I'm happy!

D

DANSPANK

Pic from Lookout Pt

I took this from the top of the Yellow/White trails - I like! But it's not as clear as being there yourself...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 399

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
..those wheels look small.

You know it's crazy the number of 29ers I'm starting to see at these races. Seems like everyone picks up a 29er when the 26-inch bike breaks. I'm seriously starting to think about it.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I got my first 2008 Cannnodale F-29er 1-fg today. We will sell a ton of these.

i love 29ers. :D

j

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
1 ton = 2000 lbs.

i'm gonna hold you to that. i'll even allow shipping weight.

I think the shipping weight is like 35lbs.. That means I need to sell 58 of them.

I might do 25 but 58 might be a stretch.

I am now in the top 20 C-dale dealers in the USA so maybe I can do it.

Want one?? I have an XL.

j

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I attempted to do the route listed above. Printed it our and met Ringwood today:
"Hello Ringwood. How are you?"
"Hello Daniel. Here you go..."
And Ringwood promptly handed my my arse!

I obviously missed some turns and I ended up taking the blue then white trail up to Lookout point. The descent from there on the white trail is pretty technical but no endos! Followed cannonball for a bit and had a chat with another rider. Ended up taking the yellow trail which led me back up to Lookout point again!

I found it very, very technical and a little frustrating as I did quite a bit of hike-a-bike. But I was very pleased with the stuff I was able to ride - better than expected. I ended up following the yellow trail. It met with Cannoball again and I just kept on going until I came to Skyline Drive. I didn't have the legs to turn around and go back in so I followed Skyline and the rest of the roads back towards the park. Got up to 44mph down skyline and felt loads safer than on my road bike!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3477480

I hope that I hit some of the more rocky stuff as if the whole park is like the trails around lookout point then I think it's a bit beyond my skills for now! Maybe someone can tell me if the rest of the park is a little more kind!

But, a great day. I picked up a few scars so I'm happy!

Awesome ride! (Except for the road part :D ) Well, the White trail to the lookout and the yellow trail towards Skyline Dr. are very technical. Cannonball is a little less technical than yellow on that side (IMO). I was out in Ringwood this morning. We started at the Soccer field in Oakland/Pompton Lakes and our goal was to go to the lookout and back, but some mechanicals and the humidity got to us and we turned around before the lookout. We took yellow out and back (from Skyline Dr.) That yellow trail is one of the most technical trails. It is pretty much our favorite. Then on the Skyline Dr area we just took cannonball all the way down to the Soccer Field. I have been working on a map for the Skyline Dr. area. I just saw some trails today that I had forgotten to include. I will fix it and post it on the Ramapo section. I was using my best MS Paint skills so cut me some slack :p , but A map is better than no map.

Oh and I did endo once today :eek:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions