New Ringwood Map

Steve B

Thank You. That obviously took a great deal of time and effort, and is quite accurate. I love the little pictographs at certain trails which act as landmarks. I am honored that my "tiki" made it in at Renegade. If all the trails could be signed to match this map, people could actually find their way around! My only concern (possibly unfounded) is that when printed, the text may be a bit small? Bravo!

ChrisRU

Awesome work, thanks for sharing! Learning my way around Ringwood is my list of things to do and this will certainly come in handy.

JSS

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I hope the map keeps people from getting as lost as I used to!

I just added the file to Maprika. There were already a couple maps there for Ringwood, but you should still be able to find it without too much trouble by searching for “Ringwood State Park.”

Luke, thanks for adding the map to your garmin file. That's some awesome work you've done.

Does anyone know if we could post the map to Jorba’s Ringwood page?

phillychris498

This is awesome. I've always been too nervous to go to ringwood because i couldn't begin to understand the old map. This will allow to go with confidence. Thanks so much!

MannyL358

Amazing job Joe! How long have you been working on this project?

I considered taking on the task after completing the Ramapo map but never got around to it.

I'll follow up with getting it posted to the Jorba site.

Kudos dude!

JSS

I've been working on it for about a year and a half so far. And I'd say it's still a work in progress--every time I go out I seem to find a new trail or something that needs correcting. Originally I just wanted to map things out well enough so I could avoid getting lost, and so I could always relocate my favorite trails. I kind of enjoyed the map-making process, so this summer I decided to label everything and create a map that was worthy of sharing.

Thanks for posting the map to the Jorba site.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions