New rider needs a new ride...

So what bike did you end up getting? If you are still looking you might want to consider www.ibexbikes.com or www.fezzari.com. Ibex has a pretty good following; Fezzari is only 4 years old. I personally purchased a Fezzari Alta Peak and think it is great. If money is not an issue then go with Marty's, the guys in Hackettstown are great, very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I purchased my son's Trek 4300 from them and it was a good experience. If you prefer Giant then go with Cycleworks in Andover (think that is where they are) again just a great group of cycling enthusiast who are great to deal with.

The biggest issue that I have with any Internet bike companies is what happens if you need to get something fixed?
I got my bike from my LBS and so far I have had it back a couple of times for adjustments and such at no charge.
plus I went and was able to ride a few different sizes and models to find what felt good the worst thing that you can do is get a bike that doesn't fit you right also different bike makers have different geometries in their frames so a large cannondale is not going to fit the same as a large trek or giant. of course this is just my opinion and everyone is different
This up to you. If you not comfortable fixing and adjusting the bike then stick with local bike shop. I like to do things myself.

I've got a 2005 Giant Rainier I'm selling for $400. Its the older frame and component set before they downgraded the bike. Has 4" of travel up front and hydraulic disc brakes. I think the component set is Sram X7. Rode it only for a little over a season. Bought it as a leftover last year.

I've got a 2005 Giant Rainier I'm selling for $400. Its the older frame and component set before they downgraded the bike. Has 4" of travel up front and hydraulic disc brakes. I think the component set is Sram X7. Rode it only for a little over a season. Bought it as a leftover last year.

What size?

Size: 17"

In the spirit of full disclosure: There are some cosmetic scratches from use and the real wheel might need to be trued, but they still roll well. I can send some pictures to you if like. Let me know.

If you are wondering, I bought a Giant Trance X1 and need to get the bike out of the garage.

Back
Top Bottom