New Ride

• Thread starter Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)
  • Start date
R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Finally making the transition back to the singletrack.
The 09 Paragon 29er is in the shop and ready for pick up.
I am really looking forward to the upcoming season on the road and on the dirt.

I made a couple of upgrades already and when the new components are in and on I'll post a picture or two.
I swapped out the crank (shimano) with a TruVative Noir 3.3 and swapped the bar (Bontrager Big Sweep) with a TruVative Team Carbon. The sweep was too much for me. I replaced the bontrager seat with my SLR and the candies with my eggbeater SL. Through a team deal I'll have a race set of wheels (Race X Lite 29ers).
This is a nice upgrade from my old C-dale F1000. I loved that bike but really became hooked on the big wheels through riding my cross bike on th etrails and then riding a Hi-Fi 29er for a couple of months last winter.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
You're gonna like it. GF seems to really have 29er geometry dialed.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Thanks

congrats and welcome to the club! the GF 29ers are awesome!

This site has been really helpful and a great way to avoid work.
The Rig is a sweet ride (I see that you have one), I thought seriously long and hard about the Rig but the Paragon was a deal I couldn't pass up.
Cheers.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Yep

You're gonna like it. GF seems to really have 29er geometry dialed.

I loved how the Hi-Fi handled in the twisty singel track. I agree GF has done something right.

ellbiddy

I recently picked up a GF Superfly and the bike rips I toyed around with it around the house but haven't broken it in anywhere serious. Pampering it a bit from this crummy weather.

Hooray for 29ers ;)

Top Bottom