New Ride

• Thread starter Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)
  • Start date
R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Finally making the transition back to the singletrack.
The 09 Paragon 29er is in the shop and ready for pick up.
I am really looking forward to the upcoming season on the road and on the dirt.

I made a couple of upgrades already and when the new components are in and on I'll post a picture or two.
I swapped out the crank (shimano) with a TruVative Noir 3.3 and swapped the bar (Bontrager Big Sweep) with a TruVative Team Carbon. The sweep was too much for me. I replaced the bontrager seat with my SLR and the candies with my eggbeater SL. Through a team deal I'll have a race set of wheels (Race X Lite 29ers).
This is a nice upgrade from my old C-dale F1000. I loved that bike but really became hooked on the big wheels through riding my cross bike on th etrails and then riding a Hi-Fi 29er for a couple of months last winter.

You're gonna like it. GF seems to really have 29er geometry dialed.

Thanks

congrats and welcome to the club! the GF 29ers are awesome!

This site has been really helpful and a great way to avoid work.
The Rig is a sweet ride (I see that you have one), I thought seriously long and hard about the Rig but the Paragon was a deal I couldn't pass up.
Cheers.

Yep

You're gonna like it. GF seems to really have 29er geometry dialed.

I loved how the Hi-Fi handled in the twisty singel track. I agree GF has done something right.

I recently picked up a GF Superfly and the bike rips I toyed around with it around the house but haven't broken it in anywhere serious. Pampering it a bit from this crummy weather.

Hooray for 29ers ;)

Back
Top Bottom