New RB is Home Today

I thought this belonged in "off-topic" since it is only tangentially related to mountain biking, but I brought my new road bike home today! Yaaaayyyy!

It's a 2006 Cannondale R1000 Feminine. Lovely paint job - the "Dragonfly" design in silvery-blue. I love it - J thought I might want pink bar tape to accent the pink dragonflies on the bike. I went with silver instead - my love of the color pink is restricted to lip gloss and the occasional accessory piece.

The bike is very, very nicely equipped with a carbon fork and seat post, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels (the best wheelset I've been able to afford so far) and J threw a set of Salsa bars on it with ergo grip in the drops that feel like a dream compared to my old road machine. It has a compact crank which is think is going to serve me well as I re-discover the road and explore my current state of fitness and the limits to which I can take it.

J, I want to say thank you for spending so much time with me to make sure the bike fit well. A visit to Halter's is always a pleasure and you have never steered me wrong.

So now I guess I have an obligation to ride the thing and keep my training blog updated with my (mis)adventures. Wish me luck everyone!

Shaggz

A strong 7
congrats on the road rig. take a pic and post it in the tour de jersey forum when you get a chance

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
J, I want to say thank you for spending so much time with me to make sure the bike fit well. A visit to Halter's is always a pleasure and you have never steered me wrong.

.. Wish me luck everyone!

Best of Luck and you are very welcome.

The bad news is that you can no longer buy low end bikes. You are officially a bike snob. Congrats!

j

Glancing Aft

Nice Bike! I was trying to convince my friend to get the very same one but she ended up finding last years model and going for that.

NJ Jess

Awesome!

I hope we can hit the road sometime. njbikemap.com has some good routes. I would advice some reflective clothes,...cars can be nuts.

:worthless

CDale_R1000_Fem1.jpg

SeatTube_Detail.jpg

NJ Jess

Sweeeet!

I wanted that bike! It's an awesome ride. You will become a much better rider if you take that beauty out each week. Logging miles really can be fun.

Top Bottom