New Power 99

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I just ordered a new battery from this company today. My 705 flashes a "low battery" warning 2 hours into my rides even if the Garmin is fully charged. Once the battery warning comes on it still lasts another hour or 2.

My 705 is well used and 2 years old...after some Google'n it seems that everyone else that had this problem also had a 2 year old Garmin.

My question is Does anyone have any exp with these replacement batteries..?.. Looks like it is a pretty legit fix and it's MUCH cheaper than a new Garmin. I paid $33 including shipping. I'll post a review once I get it and use it....again seems pretty legit

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have no idea about your question, but if you call Garmin support, they might send you a refurbished one.

soulchild

what Jimmy said... when I had the 705 it started acting up and not pairing with 2 of the 3 cadence sensors I was using and when I called them they warrantied it for me but I think I was still within a year though I could be wrong... (subsequently I made up a bs story 2 more times to within the year of receiving the replacement to get another replacement :D)

Even if that's not the case, Garmin will service your 705 for 100 I believe... but it can't hurt to call, otherwise I'd be doing exactly what you did...

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When I called they didn't ask anything about how long I've had it. They just say send it in and I got new one in 2 wks.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
ok...

so I got my new battery yesterday. In the package was the 2 tools needed (torx bit and shim tool) and the new battery. The install was fast and easy...the battery even came charged up. Used my 705 today on a ride and had ZERO issues. I had the Garmin set up to follow a preloaded course and after the 4 hour ride the battery still has PLENTY left on it.

So basically if you're having this issue with you Garmin or Smart phone I would suggest giving this company a try http://www.newpower99.com/ :D

JerseyPete

Used them myself with good results. I believe they also have youtube videos on how to replace batts.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
thanks for posting this dustin, i just did this on the couch watching wheel of fortune and i didn't light the blanket on my lap on fire

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
so i did this and now the battery only charges to 60-70% or so? wtf?
47427A8B-B5F6-47FC-9E57-6DC7B291BAA3_zpsij3z4fir.jpg

been charging all night, plus at my desk all day. da fuq? granted its plugged into the computer (a PC), it should be at full charge by now.

the strange thing was that my battery came with a slither of life, while dustin said his was full. strangeee

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Run it dead and try again. Got nothing else at this point

Top Bottom