New North Jersey Rider (west milford/hoboken)

R

reihl_deal

Hey everyone. So its my first time in this little community you've all established here.... and its awesome. I'm 22, and grew up in North Jersey (West Milford to be exact) and I've done my fair share of motocross and bmx dirt riding. Haven't been serious about any kind of riding since high school though. Just splurged on a Trek Fuel Ex 9 and can't wait to bomb some trails.

The most technical trails I've done are the trails in the high peaks area of lake placid/whiteface (haven't ridden whiteface yet). Just switched to clipless so chances are you may get a good laugh when i faceplant in a rockgarden or something if we ride together.

If anyone is going on good weekend rides that aren't too far from west milford or hoboken (where i go to school) I'd love to make some friends who like to ride. My friends tend to be too lazy to go on early weekend rides but until track season starts up in the winter i plan on riding as many weekends as possible.

so shoot me a message with a time a place and maybe a phone number in case i'm running late or can't make it last minute.

See you on the trails
-Matt

dualfisted

yo

Welcome to the freakshow man!!!! I'm down the shore so chances are I'll miss your clipless slo-mo fallovers. Have fun tho and welcome.

R

reihl_deal

Whats up man. I'm in Waway all the time. If you're into a 6 am start let me know.

Is that saturdays/sundays or both?

Definitely can't make it this weekend but next weekend is a possibility.

R

reihl_deal

sounds good to me...maybe next weekend. I'll let you know.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm 22, and grew up in North Jersey (West Milford to be exact)
welcome aboard,
have you ever rode jungle habitat? they have been doing some great trail work there...
I am a little to south for that I just go to allaire and watch MIG slo-mo fall....:)

R

reihl_deal

welcome aboard,
have you ever rode jungle habitat? they have been doing some great trail work there...
I am a little to south for that I just go to allaire and watch MIG slo-mo fall....:)

rode it in middle school and high school on our dirtbikes a bit, but i don't remember where things are anymore and haven't ridden it on a mtb.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
rode it in middle school and high school on our dirtbikes a bit, but i don't remember where things are anymore and haven't ridden it on a mtb.

So I guess nobody remembers when this was a real park with the animals wandering arond loose?
I went there a few times when I was but a mere pup....
I am going to get ther this summer for a ride just to see what its like now..

Panhead

So I guess nobody remembers when this was a real park with the animals wandering arond loose?
I went there a few times when I was but a mere pup....
I am going to get ther this summer for a ride just to see what its like now..

I remember traffic backed up for miles half the cars overheating from sitting then the 10 mile walk across the parking lot. After they left the stories about the animals running wild for years.

It might just be me, but I've only seen a couple of bears in the park I've had them in my garage and right now there's a big old sow with 4 cubs living about 100 yards from the house. They don't bother us- we don't bother them.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Now there are college kids that rides at 6AM on weekends?

Man, i'm a lazy turd.

I live in Weehawken and feebly attempt to ride in the later hours on weekends.

Top Bottom