New Mountain Biker - Chester Area

Natlprk

Brand new to mountain biking, is anyone hosting beginner rides near the Chester Area? Still getting in shape and learning my bike (used Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C) but would like to attend a group ride as soon as I am up to speed... Thank you

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I believe there are Meetup.com rides at Lewis Morris that are beginner friendly and close to you.

TimBay

Welcome. Hitting up the OOS thread can be a good way to find a beginnerish ride...though not necessarily in your area. I hear LewMo is very beginner friendly, so that's good for you as far as getting out and learning. Watch skills videos and stuff on YouTube to help not get ded. I can give you a tour of Hartshorne sometime (down near red bank). Pretty beginner friendly as there aren't rock gardens. Have fun out there.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
5010... Excellent choice!

MTBNJ and Hilltop are co hosting a ride on the Columbia trail on Saturday. Not exactly mountain biking, but come on out and meet some peeps.

The Lew Mo weekly rides haven't started up just yet... Probably in another month and half or so.. but I live in Morristown so I'm right by Lew Mo if you want a tour one day.

qclabrat

Welcome @Natlprk
I work near you and you're not far from the Patriots Path by the Kay Conservation. Along with Lew Mo there's also Deer Park and Stephens by l80

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome:)

When Nassau dries out it’s a nice option for you as well.

Speaking of drying out, as a new rider you might not be aware that riding in muddy conditions is really damaging to the trails and should be avoided whenever possible. It’s a mistake everyone makes when they start out which is why I bring it up.

Have fun and don’t forget, falling is part of learning, it doesn’t mean you failed...it means you’re growing as a rider.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thank you, I follow Cycle Craft on Meetup! I will definitely be going to some of their events.

Cool, they have a beginner/intermediate ride at Tourne Park in Boonton on Tuesday nights. I would expect them to start posting that in a few weeks once we have some more daylight in the evening.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome.
Post up, show up. Riding with people is fun and a great way to learn. Hope to see you out there!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Cool, they have a beginner/intermediate ride at Tourne Park in Boonton on Tuesday nights. I would expect them to start posting that in a few weeks once we have some more daylight in the evening.
Doesn't Captain Wildcat hosts beginner rides at WC for those who dares?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Doesn't Captain Wildcat hosts beginner rides at WC for those who dares?

I've shown many people around Wildcat, including some beginners, but I wouldn't really recommend it for someone that is brand new to mountain biking.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I've shown many people around Wildcat, including some beginners, but I wouldn't really recommend it for someone that is brand new to mountain biking.
Better chances of getting hit by the bus.... someone told me :p

Top Bottom