Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
FU
FE50DC31-9483-477F-866E-5E408D701292.jpeg

Didn’t bite but always freaked out when you find one

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It was really hard to tell the type because it was so small, didnt seem to have the type head like a deer tick

BPaze

It was really hard to tell the type because it was so small, didnt seem to have the type head like a deer tick
It is the little tick nymphs that most commonly can transmit Lyme because they are so small they are not usually noticed. Good you found it hate those lil f’ers

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hell I pulled 3 just yesterday out of my skin, that's about average for every ride. That's not counting the hitchhikers. Tis the season...

Xler8

How do these little fuckers get on you? I can’t imagine them getting on you if you stay on the trail and away from any vegetation, no?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do these little fuckers get on you? I can’t imagine them getting on you if you stay on the trail and away from any vegetation, no?
Ah there lies the problem. Lack of TM and growth taking over trails and bingo tick city. Invasive barberry has taken over a ton of our area trails and are a haven for ticks.

BPaze

Buy permethrin by the jug from tractor supply, dilute it, and treat all your riding gear with a gallon pump sprayer. Keep it away from cats if you have them.
Thanks I picked up a small one from REI but need to pick up a big one as well for the rest of the season. I saw the big one on Amazon good to know tractor supply has it as well there is one by my moms.

The Kalmyk

Buy permethrin by the jug from tractor supply, dilute it, and treat all your riding gear with a gallon pump sprayer. Keep it away from cats if you have them.

I looked into that awhile back. The store near me only had petroleum based products. Is there a water based application?

Piston Honda

Every off-season the big bottle of Sawyer Permathrin drops to $11.99 on Amazon. I buy in bulk when that happens.

If you can't wait for that, use the $20 off $100 promo that DSG has almost every other week.

Fat Trout

Every off-season the big bottle of Sawyer Permathrin drops to $11.99 on Amazon. I buy in bulk when that happens.

If you can't wait for that, use the $20 off $100 promo that DSG has almost every other week.
I'll do you one better. Buy the 10% concentrate at tractor supply. 1.4 oz of that 10% concentrate into a 28oz of water (I happen to use a 28oz spray bottle) and you get the same 0.5% active as in Sawyer. 32 oz of the concentrate for $16.99 gets you 5 gallons of the sawyer equivalent.

Edit I guess I'm saying the same thing as @Karate Monkey except I had the link and dilution ratio ;)

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...ivestock-and-premise-spray-32-oz?cm_vc=-10005

Last edited:
Top Bottom