New in this area

T

the_double_b

Hi out there!

My name is Bastian.
I 'm a 26 year old student from Germany (exactly Bavaria - thats a little bit different ;-) ) and I am working for Siemens Corporate Research in Princeton as an intern. I will live in a house in Hillsborough with 2 other students from March 1st till the end of August. After that I have to leave.
My greatest hobby ist Mountainbiking (unbelievable...).
My bike moved with me across the ocean... (I could not leave it alone :) )
Its a Canyon Torque (a German Brand) Fully with 165mm front and rear suspension.

I am searching for some guys (or girls) who can show me some nice locations around here because I 'm completely new in this country. I am interested in Freeriding, All Mountain and tours.
I read that New Jersey is the flattest state in the US. But I also found this Forum! I guess that means there have to be some good mtb spots!

I am ready to start on the next weeks weekend :confused:

Well. Lets ride.

you can also contact me on my email:

ride.bavarian@googlemail.com

Thats me on my bike riding some trail in my hometown in Germany

double2.jpg

double1.jpg

double3.jpg

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Welcome Bastian. We had an exchange engineer from Germany ride with us for a year and he became good friends with a bunch of us. He has the same brand bike as you but I don't remember the model. We're now riding with a German Liaison. I don't know who told you NJ is the flattest state but that can't be further from the truth. Just come to north western NJ and you're in the mountains. Where you are you're 15 minutes from Chiminy Rock/Washington Valley Park and about 40 minutes from Round Valley Reservation but they're mostly cross country. You need to head up to north NJ to get some more variety.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
welcome to the site. While it is not bavaria, NJ is not as flat as people would lead you to believe. Comparing it to Pam Anderson would have been more accurate. Big boulders up top, smooth & groomed down below, with a whole lot of skankiness thrown in for good measure.

NickDavid

I read that New Jersey is the flattest state in the US. But I also found this Forum! I guess that means there have to be some good mtb spots!

Hola Amigo... that information couldn't be any further from the truth. We have some of the best riding on the East Coast.

Enjoy NJ. It's one of the best places to live in this country. Be sure to visit northern Jersey and New York City.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wilkommen!

NJ is by far not the flattest state in the US. While the Princeton Area is relatively flat, not too far north you will find some good ups and downs and a premier freeride location, Diablo at Mountain Creek Ski Resort (will have to wait for it to open). In your local area, 6 mile run is close and while it lacks elevation and freeride stunts, it has some of the bext singletrack in the area.
NJ will not disappoint you!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome! - i'm sure you'll find NJ and the surrounding NY, CT and PA area all have plenty of hills for you to play on.

since you are down in princeton, you can also check out places like high rocks (ralph stover park) in PA, french creek in PA, and valley green (wissahickon - however you spell it). the sourlands in central jersey (not real far from princeton) has tons of rocks to play around on too. its almost like a natural trials area.

J-Dro

The Sourland Preserve is right in your backyard in Hillsborough. Perfect place for your big hit bike. Welcome to Jersey.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
welcome! - i'm sure you'll find NJ and the surrounding NY, CT and PA area all have plenty of hills for you to play on.

since you are down in princeton, you can also check out places like high rocks (ralph stover park) in PA, french creek in PA, and valley green (wissahickon - however you spell it). the sourlands in central jersey (not real far from princeton) has tons of rocks to play around on too. its almost like a natural trials area.

i'll second that; sourlands is right in hillsboro and has some fun drop offs you can hit, although there are some on the trail to find the good ones you'll have to stray a tiny bit from the beaten path.

Wobbegong

Welcome!

Your close to some xc riding spots. Just a short trip to Six Mile Run, Sourland, Mercer County Park.

T

the_double_b

Sorry people!

dont wanted to hurt anybody with my statement about the flatness...
I just heard about it. (lesson 1: Dont believe noone!) ;-)

Is someone going to ride at Sourland or Chimney on Sunday?
I cant wait to check it out, but its easier for me if someone could show me some cool spots there.

greetz
BB

Frank

Sasquatch
Don't worry, you didn't hurt any feelings. Here in NJ we have some great mountain biking, as you will soon find out, and we laugh when we hear the comments that are made and joke amongst ourselves. Jerseyans are easily amused.....at least most folk on this site are :p.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't worry, you didn't hurt any feelings. Here in NJ we have some great mountain biking, as you will soon find out, and we laugh when we hear the comments that are made and joke amongst ourselves. Jerseyans are easily amused.....at least most folk on this site are :p.

and don't forget to tell him about the sand.

Welcome BB. Weather is up in the the air for this weekend for riding either of those places this weekend.

TommyCrash

Wilkommen Bastian und deine kumplels. Ich kann Deutch lessen und schreiben und ich wilkommen ihr und diene frunde hier. Die leute die scheiben zu dir sind alle nett und alle haben die selebe liebe, fahrrad fahn in die Berge. New Jersey hab nicht viele order hurer berge aber wir haben viele platze das gibt fiele varschiedene platze zum fahren. Ich vohen mit meine kleinen familie in die nehe und wen du wilst kann ich dir viele pletze zeigen. Ich arbeite am abens und kann dir fahren order zeigen gute pletze zum fahrrad fahren. Wir haben immer ein guten zeit. Ich hoffe ihr schreib vieder zuruk und wir kann alle treffen, Tom
Translation, almost word for word:
Welcome Bastian and you friends. I can read and write German. And I welcome you and your friends here. The people that write on this thread are nice and all have the same passion, riding bicycles. New Jersey doesn't have a lot of mountains or high mountains but we have a lot of different places to ride. I live in the area with my family and if you want, I can show you the different places to ride. I usually work at night and can either show you or go with you the different places to bicycle ride. We always have a good time. I hope that you write back and that we can all meet up, Tom

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Wilkommen Bastian und deine kumplels. Ich kann Deutch lessen und schreiben und ich wilkommen ihr und diene frunde hier. Die leute die scheiben zu dir sind alle nett und alle haben die selebe liebe, fahrrad fahn in die Berge. New Jersey hab nicht viele order hurer berge aber wir haben viele platze das gibt fiele varschiedene platze zum fahren. Ich vohen mit meine kleinen familie in die nehe und wen du wilst kann ich dir viele pletze zeigen. Ich arbeite am abens und kann dir fahren order zeigen gute pletze zum fahrrad fahren. Wir haben immer ein guten zeit. Ich hoffe ihr schreib vieder zuruk und wir kann alle treffen, Tom

Kinda blows my 'Guten tag' out of the water.

TommyCrash

If anyone ever gets a chance, besides seeing everything this GREAT Country has to offer, all of Europe is amazing. Besides France, everyone is almost happy to see you.

Top Bottom