New in North Jerz

Rock48nj

New to the sport and the board... rode quite a bit BMX growing up, even a race or two down at the old flemington track.

Picked up a 2013 Hardrock Sport Disc 29er a few weeks ago and have been loving it. Still peddling my self into shape but have done some runs at Deer Park and Stephens and a bit in the woods behind my house and I am starting to get a feel for things.

Definitely an adjustment riding on a bike with such big tires but lots of fun.. thing rolls over everything. Anyway.. been very helpful reading this board as I get into things, so thanks and hope to see y'all out there!

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome to Mr. Rogers neighborhood, won't you be my neighbor :D

Your living in some of the best trails the state has to offer, see ya on the trails...

MannyL358

Welcome to the board!

North Jersey trails will for sure whip you into shape quick. It won't be long before you're into racing with the big boys.

Rock48nj

Thanks guys... I figured being so near all these trails right now, it only made sense to pick up this sport as something to do when there is no snow.

Got in a nice ride yesterday and after today, looks like I will be "upgrading" some equipment already. Snapped the derailleur hanger and tweaked the derailleur on a ride out at Deer Park.

Worst part is, from the direction I have been taking, I was just starting the largely downhill portion of the ride... so a lot of effort for this out of shape guy to turn around and walk out. Bikes in the shop getting fixed so will be back out soon.

Top Bottom