new here..

N

njedgexj

hello all...came across this site while searching the net..hope to find some ppl to go out and ride with...currently im riding an ellsworth joker, looking into getting a hardtail soon...

scott

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
njedgexj said:
hello all...came across this site while searching the net..hope to find some ppl to go out and ride with...currently im riding an ellsworth joker, looking into getting a hardtail soon...

scott

Hey Scott, welcome to the site!

-jay

N

njedgexj

yeah im looking forward to getting out on some new trails and making some new friends....

de00304

Hi Folks...

Hello everyone - my name is Dan and I found out about this site from Jessica at Ringwood TM last Sunday. Nice to meet you Jess - nice site, love the trail info and maps...

I have been mtn biking since 1990 or so, when on one fatefull day a friend of mine took me and 4 other people out to try this new thing called "mountain biking" at round valley. Unfortunately, he only had two bikes to share between us five, so we quit that and drove over to Red Rocks in PA to try another new thing called "rock climbing".

Just about every weekend for the next 10 years was spent either at the gunks or the gap climbing, or mahlon, allamuchy, or round valley riding. My bud (and climbing partner) moved to CO about 5 years ago, so I don't do much climbing anymore, but instead I do a lot more mountain biking.

I like technical riding, and punish myself in sport class races now and then just for the heck of it (I am reeeally slow, but I finish ;) ). I meet up with my CO friend out in Moab each year for the 24 hour race, and have done the 24 hours of allamuchy the last couple years as well. For me its not about the results but instead the adventure of it - coming in dead last is still better than not racing at all...plus all those guys in the 40-49 class are really good!

I also like to do freeheel skiing, and in the winter when the snow is too deep for riding I venture out on the mtn bike trails with my tele skis.

All in all I love this sport and look forward to seeing you folks on the trails...

NJ Jess

12 hours of Deer Park

Hey there, It was nice to meet and work with you at TM in Ringwood. Are you going to do the 12 hours of Deer Park or The Runnig of the Dogs 3hour?

de00304

NJ Jess said:
Hey there, It was nice to meet and work with you at TM in Ringwood. Are you going to do the 12 hours of Deer Park or The Runnig of the Dogs 3hour?

Not sure - when is the Deer Park event?

NJ Jess

Humm June 3rd or 4th

12 hours of Deer park (the other side of Allamuchy) is either the 3rd or 4th of June. I'll keep you posted. smiles, Jess

Top Bottom