New here

Kristina C

Hi,
I'm glad I came across this group. My husband and I have been regular riders pre-kids. I am really rusty and coming off a shoulder injury. We used to ride High Rocks, South Mountain in PA. Now in NJ have only been to 6 mile. We live in Hunterdon County but near Western Morris. I would like to do a xc race this year (never raced mtn bike before). Any suggestions? Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Thanks!
KC

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome!! Glad to have you guys on board.. For racing check out the race thread on here and also check out the local race scene at https://www.bikereg.com/27246 and the season series at http://www.h2hrace.com/.
Keep a watch here for future board announcements of some upcoming group rides as well where you will get to meet some locals..Peace

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome

Lewis Morris might be a good one. Pace is a little fast but it doesn't have anything to bite you..... 2c.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Lewis Morris was my first race. It will hurt, but it was a good time and a good choice for a newbie.

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Robin

Hi!

I live in HC and teach in Roxbury. PM me if you ever want to ride!!!

As others have said, Lewis Morris is a good race to try. That race is in June.

If you want to try something sooner (late April), and willing to drive, Fair Hill outside of Newark, DE is a blast. That race is part of the Mid Atlantic Super Series (MASS).

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome to the forum and back to riding. Six Mile is a great place to get back into it. I ride there pretty often.

As others said, check out the h2h series or the MASS series for races. Lewis Morris will be the most beginner friendly park.

Also be on the lookout for group rides. They are a great way to learn new parks and to meet more people. Enjoy the ride!

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi and welcome! I am hoping to organize some H2H race pre-rides for people to come check out the courses, stay tuned.

Slugger

Welcome! I'm also still pretty new, just one season of riding under my tires, but you've stumbled in to a GREAT community. There are a lot of awesome places to ride from rocky technical gnar to smooth and flowy. I live in NYC but I'm always game to meet someone at the trails and ride together.

Top Bottom