New Here, in mercer county

R

RJC

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I've browsed a few times and really like what I've seen and read. The maps and info on the trail sites are impeccable. I am glad to be a part of a great network. Well, talk soon!

I rider mercer, clayton and the little known of "prison trail" in yardville. But I will be hitting some new spots after scouting them on this site. 6 mile run looks great!

Thanks
Ryan

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you read the posts and still joined?! wow. maybe norm can give you haiku for that.

welcome to the nuthouse! :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I've browsed a few times and really like what I've seen and read.
you must not be that bright or a are glutton for abuse, Ryan, but at least you will fit in :D. Welcome to the fray.

One other thing, by my count, you are the 5th Ryan on this site, and that is 5 too many. We are officially closing our doors to any more "Ryans". While we are at it, we have too many "Seans", so no more of them, as well.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I've browsed a few times and really like what I've seen and read. The maps and info on the trail sites are impeccable. I am glad to be a part of a great network. Well, talk soon!

I rider mercer, clayton and the little known of "prison trail" in yardville. But I will be hitting some new spots after scouting them on this site. 6 mile run looks great!

Thanks
Ryan

Have you ridden at Baldpate??

I have heard some buzz but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyone??

J_

J-Dro

Have you ridden at Baldpate??

I have heard some buzz but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyone??

J_

I rode Baldpate a couple of times about 2-3 years ago. I think Mercer county had just acquired the property at the time. Back then it was mostly fireroad but the potential is there for fun singletrack. Perhaps there is more now??? The terrain reminded me of Washington Crossing Park (no surprise since its just down the road). Kind of roller-coaster hilly but no killer extended climbs.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I rode Baldpate a couple of times about 2-3 years ago. I think Mercer county had just acquired the property at the time. Back then it was mostly fireroad but the potential is there for fun singletrack. Perhaps there is more now??? The terrain reminded me of Washington Crossing Park (no surprise since its just down the road). Kind of roller-coaster hilly but no killer extended climbs.

I am checking it out this weekend, I will let everyone know.

Welcome, BTW

J-Dro

I am checking it out this weekend, I will let everyone know.

Welcome, BTW

I found this trail map online updated as of Oct 07. Apparently, Baldpate Mountain has been renamed Ted Stiles Preserve. Let us know how you make out.

Baldpate_Montain_revised.jpg

jdog

Shop Keep

I have had a few folks drop in the shop and say that the riding there is worth while. One guy said that he lives 1/2 a mile from the trails.

My intent is to push him to create a Jorba chapter for the park.

Let me know if you get out there and ride.

J_

R

RJC

thanks, bunch of nice people so far! nice. About that Bald Plate, sounds great, I ride road up there - that sup by "gravity hill" right? I had NO idea there was trails to be ridden around there, great news.

rayder

also new to site

just went back to souerlands after nearly a decade, way to difficult at that stage of my mtb career. Awesome and challenging now. How do 6-mile and baldpate compare?

jdog

Shop Keep
just went back to souerlands after nearly a decade, way to difficult at that stage of my mtb career. Awesome and challenging now. How do 6-mile and baldpate compare?

6 mile is flatter and way more twisty.

They will both challenge your ability but in vastly different ways.

Some people think 6 mi is too easy. If you ride it at speed it is a test of bike handling for sure.

Baldpate just popped on my radar so I hope to ride there soon.

If you want a tour of 6 mile I am sure you can get one if you reach out to this forum.

Good luck and have a blast.

J_

njriverrat

Baldpate

Hey all, My name is Jamie. I'm new to this board as well. I live next to Wash-Xing and Baldpate, and ride both of them as often as I can. If your ever looking to ride either area let me know. Baldpate is really a nice ride. It has fun single track. Their are a few steep climbs which are great on the ride down! Everytime I go back there I seem to find new stuff. Let me know when you want to go riding! Jamie njriverrat@aol.com

xc62701

you must not be that bright or a are glutton for abuse, Ryan, but at least you will fit in :D. Welcome to the fray.

One other thing, by my count, you are the 5th Ryan on this site, and that is 5 too many. We are officially closing our doors to any more "Ryans". While we are at it, we have too many "Seans", so no more of them, as well.

Sheesh I guess I made the cut. I don't know if I should be honored or what...

rcarch

Baldpate

Hey there folks - I am another newbie to the forum, but not to Mercer County off roading (kinda hard to call it mountain biking...) I started riding Baldpate right before the County officially bought it. It has a huge amount of potential, but a couple of things to watch out for: Hunters and Horses...

The park gets closed for several weeks during deer season, but I am not exactly sure when. It used to be closed in October and then again in late November I think.

As for the horses, the local equestrian groups were instrumental in pushing the county to buy the property, and through the grapevine, I have heard they are pushing to limit access to the trails.

It would be great to get a local IMBA group or JORBA group organized to promote open trail access at the County....

As for riding, I am always up for a ride. You can get me here

Top Bottom