New here from Boonton

TommyF

Hey guys, not exactly new to the sport but rather back into it for the exercise and excitement since gyms are closed. I'm riding an old yet very reliable Gary Fisher Level Betty. Wildcat Ridge is in my back yard, often hit the Tourne after work and starting to explore other areas around me as well. It's been years since I've been out on the trails and I'm loving it once again !!!! - Tom

Attachments

• 20200801_083227.jpg
    20200801_083227.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 153

TommyF

New bike? Nonsense.. Betty rides just fine. :) I'm keeping my eyes open, next bike might be a carbon hybrid. Buddy of mine rides a Specialized Cross Trail Carbon, such a nice riding bike!!!! My time in the woods is coming to an end soon.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that you think your time in the woods is coming to an end soon. Don’t count yourself out. As to your bike, while I can appreciate the reliability of an older bike(I’ve barley had to do anything to my 1993 26er), a modern bike such as a 29er is a game changer. Other choices such as Ebikes allow people to stay on the trails longer. Enjoy

Reactions: w_b

TommyF

So as I was keeping an eye on Craigslist this 2015 Camber Comp popped up and I jumped on it. Talk about a game changer, I appreciate the advise here !!! Bike has some upgrades already. I'm going to throw a set of tires on it and do a basic service on the suspension. Had it out on the trails once, just had eye surgery so I'm down for a few days.
bike.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
So as I was keeping an eye on Craigslist this 2015 Camber Comp popped up and I jumped on it. Talk about a game changer, I appreciate the advise here !!! Bike has some upgrades already. I'm going to throw a set of tires on it and do a basic service on the suspension. Had it out on the trails once, just had eye surgery so I'm down for a few days. View attachment 138391
Congrats on the bike. Some people say that a 29er is cheating. If being able to ride more types of terrain and for a longer period of time is cheating, I’ll take it. Enjoy.

Top Bottom