new guy needs to learn and get into shape

Frank

Sasquatch
well thank you all for the advice and good wishes. I have every intention to meet some or all at those tuesday beginner rides. what do you all do when the weather gets nippy?

The tuesday night rides will only be going on for another month or so. Soon it will get dark before we manage to leave the lot.;)

K

kmcesq

The tuesday night rides will only be going on for another month or so. Soon it will get dark before we manage to leave the lot.;)

does that mean that there are no more beginner rides? Do we not do anything on weekends?

Frank

Sasquatch
does that mean that there are no more beginner rides? Do we not do anything on weekends?

We might do the occasional "Beginner" pace on a monthly basis once the season draws to an end. We'll post these up on the forum.Otherwise there are usually moderate paced rides going on all the time.

Nimrod

The big thing is you have to be consistant = 3 or more days of riding a week.

Do this and you'll be amazed at how quick you progress.

After a year or two start racing (getting spanked) for further encouragemnt

wlee

Congrats on quitting smoking! I also did myself 9 months ago. What works for me so far has been 10-15 mile rides on my MTB in the street 3-4 days a week. I also started to watch what i eat.If I had more time I would ride offroad more but the street keeps me going.It can get boring so try different loops and I do as many hills as possible.I lost 15 pounds in the first 2 months. I also sprint during my rides for about 1 minute then recover for a few then do it again.Mix it up to keep it fun.Good luck.

MST.ESQ

...just ride and hopefully MIKE243 will have this book i lent him and MEAN IRISH GUY they said it was real helpful...you know small tips on breathing and climbing, vision, body position, all sorts of good stuff...

A book that can solve all my problems! How bout a Title?

Top Bottom