New guy from Jersey

T

thechad21

Hey, Whats up everyone?I am Chad and I am from South Jersey and just getting into the sport of Mountain Biking. I don't have a bike yet but i am planning to get one within the next couple weeks.As of now i have my eye on a Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disk.Me and my buddy are looking for places to ride.If anyone has any suggestions on were to start riding at will be appreciated.

syadasti

Wet Rag
Hi Chad, I found you on the map:hmmm:

map-chad.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice map. Fastest subtitle ever I think. 20 minutes has to be a record no?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi Chad, my sister just got home from Nigeria, perhaps you know her.

I think you really should explain a little more about this. Maybe this can be Ben's next question. Getting to know you question #13: Do you have any insane siblings?

sj_john

Hello from another South Jersey rider

Hello Chad,
I see you are from Franklinville.
The closest to you would be the trails in Wharton State Forest. There are two trails. The Fire Tower trail was built with beginners in mind. It is a 5 -6 mile loop from the Batsto Village parking lot. The longer Penn Branch trail is the same level of difficulty but longer at 19.5 miles. It could be hard on a beginner or someone not familiar with the forest.

There are trails by Camden County College, Gloucester County College and Ceres Park in Mantua. Estell Manor park has some trails.

If you are looking for rides in South Jersey you can check out these websites.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/JAR/

http://www.jerseyactionriders.org/

We have beginner clinics that start in May.
John

T

thechad21

Thanks guys.I wont be getting my bike until early January but i go out to Wharton state forest with my buddy with his jeep.last time i went i did see some people riding bikes.I am definitely hitting up GCC and Camden county I only live about 20mins away.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hey chad welcome to the greatest place on earth. good choice on the bike. i ride the same one myself and it really was a great entry level bike to get me into the door of mountain biking earlier this year. im about to graduate to another bike very soon though:D

Top Bottom