New gear is here!!

Over the Bars

Time to see what this whole clipless thing is all about! Got a set of mallet e ls and a pair of five ten hellcats in today. Set up the cleats and did a quick test ride in the rain and dark(probably not the best test scenario). everything was going well till I tried the log skinny at my house. It was a little too slick but luckily I was able to unclip as I fell oh so gracefully. Really like the power I was getting going up my long steep driveway. Can't wait to get out on a trail with them for the true test.
IMG_20201016_171924.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Time to see what this whole clipless thing is all about! Got a set of mallet e ls and a pair of five ten hellcats in today. Set up the cleats and did a quick test ride in the rain and dark(probably not the best test scenario). everything was going well till I tried the log skinny at my house. It was a little too slick but luckily I was able to unclip as I fell oh so gracefully. Really like the power I was getting going up my long steep driveway. Can't wait to get out on a trail with them for the true test.
View attachment 141567
I love the hellcats, probably my most favorite clipless shoe I have had. Cut the Velcro strap shorter...

Over the Bars

Took these for the maiden voyage today to complete the allamuchy climbmaster jorba badge. Just under 17 miles and I'm doing much better with them. I fell over a few times after stopping which was quite comical. Uphill tech sections definitely need some work the commitment needed was a little nerve racking in a few sections.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Are those pedals guaranteed to separate from the spindle when you are maximally far from your car like everything else Crank Brothers makes? If not, they may be counterfeit.

Over the Bars

Are those pedals guaranteed to separate from the spindle when you are maximally far from your car like everything else Crank Brothers makes? If not, they may be counterfeit.
Haha guess we will find out! They made it through todays ride just fine. Don't make me carry any more junk in my backpack I carry way too much as it is. I don't want to add extra pedals in there too.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Haha guess we will find out! They made it through todays ride just fine. Don't make me carry any more junk in my backpack I carry way too much as it is. I don't want to add extra pedals in there too.
Yeah, they're probably great. I just can't pass up an opportunity to make a Crank Bros. joke. :D There's history ...

Anyway, enjoy - the shoes look really comfortable!!

Ian F

Considering I still have 20+ year old Crank Bros pedals that repeatedly take whatever bashing I can give them, I'm going with user error. ;)

That said, I've been having a lot of fun riding flats for a change. CB Stamp pedals, naturally.

Top Bottom