New Feature: Ignore Content by Forum or Thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Being able to ignore content from individual users is built into the forum software.
It doesn't get used too often, but has its place.

This new feature lets you control which forums/threads are displayed in the forum list,
or on your news feed/new posts list.

So say you aren't interested in the Fantasy Football thread appearing in your "new posts" list.
you could choose to ignore it by using the Ignore thread button.

1582811145274.png

After pressing it, you'll need to confirm that selection.

1582811305148.png

Note that some of the English is a little wonky, as it is not the developer's mother tongue.

This also works with whole forums - so say @Norm does not want to see the beer forum (not judging)
He could hit the Ignore forum button.

1582811452109.png

Some forums can not be ignored - The option will not be there. Some people can not use this feature, although i'm not sure whom.

To get a list of your ignored content, click on your profile name to get a pop-up, then choose Ignoring

1582811607743.png

You'll get a tabbed index of everything you are ignoring.

1582811761743.png

By selecting Forums or Threads, you can review/cancel the ignored content.

1582811876974.png

Got it?

Questions?

jklett

It works, I ignored then un-ignored a thread. I wind up reading everything (even stuff that I'm not really interested in) so I probably won't use it but it's cool that it exists! Thanks!

jklett

I had to temporarily ignore a certain thread and the main menu page shows as new content, ignored thread. My OCD is going to get the better of me eventually and I'll un-ignore it but I figured I'd point that one out.

Patrick

Staff member
I had to temporarily ignore a certain thread and the main menu page shows as new content, ignored thread. My OCD is going to get the better of me eventually and I'll un-ignore it but I figured I'd point that one out.

text me some screen shots.

Patrick

Staff member
Threads and forums can now be ignored without using a checkbox, or entering the thread/forum via link on the summary line -
via search or forum tree traversal.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Is it possible to ignore someone except for when they respond in my FS thread/s?

Yes... I'm joking... Unless if it's possible :oops:

Top Bottom