New CX bike is ready for next season...

BiknBen

I managed to score a new CX frame and fork from www.chucksbikes.com. $190 for a average Al frame with carbon fork, bottom bracket, and headset. Kinda hard to turn that down if it fits.

I swapped many parts off of my Surly. I upgraded with some carbon bits from Halter's yesterday.

The frame will be much stiffer than the Surly. The bike is also three pounds lighter. I may sneak out early tomorrow morning for a shake-down ride.

The new arrival:
CIMG5271Small.jpg

Ready to roll:
CIMG5347Small.jpg

Added my signature bar wrap:
CIMG5348Small.jpg

I used to be a weight weenie. Now I just hang it on the scale just out of curiosity.
CIMG5346Small.jpg

Last edited:

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Ben,

This site is awsome, how come I never heard of it? I think I'm going to buy the Tsunami tri bike for my wife.

That's a really nice looking bike you got, $190 is ridiculous.:D

Tim

BiknBen

Ben,

This site is awsome, how come I never heard of it? I think I'm going to buy the Tsunami tri bike for my wife.

That's a really nice looking bike you got, $190 is ridiculous.:D

Tim

Better hurry. There is an announcement on the home page that they are closing their doors for good. There are deals on the remaining stock. Once it's gone...It's gone!!!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Cool Frame Ben, I bet your excited! I love the way you wrap the bar tape. Good luck with it!
RC ... :)

dhsean

Tsunami! Hooopah!

Dam, there all too big for me. I've been getting excited about the possibility of a cross frame this year. $190 would have made it a reality.

RNG1

Ben, nice job putting that together looks really cool. I was just on the site looking at the singlespeed road frame for $87.50 (yeah no forks left but I figure I can find something) how is the quality of this brand?

BiknBen

how is the quality of this brand?

I'm not very familiar with the brand. Apparently, Tsunami is out of California. http://www.tsunamibikes.com/home.html

I would say it is on par with the average Taiwan frameset. It is not outstanding at any one thing but gives you fair quality for the price. That being said, I did notice that the rear dérailleur hanger seemed bent. I just took it off and straightened it out with my vise and a wrench. :eek:

If you are into designer clothing and handbags, this frame is not for you. If you do your clothes shopping at Kohl's and use plastic shopping bags to carry stuff, this frame is fine. ;)

RNG1

Thanks for the feedback.I might do this to make a singlespeed road bike but I have to figure out if it makes sense as I do not have a lot of spare road parts and with having to buy everything if it will end up costing more than finding something complete. I was thinking of pulling some stuff off my real road bike and upgrading those components.....:hmmm:

RNG1

Hey Ben, while I got your attention, can I get the other specialty things (single speed cranks, etc) from the CHucks site? I am not familiar enough with single speed stuff to know the deal. Thanks

Top Bottom