New Continental Tires?

KF2M

I s
BikeInn has them in stock for approx $20 less...if you can bundle up with something else and get free/lower shipping it maybe worth ordering from them if it doesn't bother you it's not a U.S. reseller.
I spun the wheel at the Jenson site, and 30% off on the order, and I'll have the tires in a couple of days.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I kinda like how Continental is offering so many variations of their new tires. It's tough on the retailers for having to stock them all but if it helps bring traffic into their stores/websites then maybe it is worth it. I'll be keeping an eye on more reviews. The ones I've seen so far have been good, or at least not inferior to the standard competition. At the risk of sounding like a weight weenie, are the weights of each tire variant published?

Ian F

Weights are shown on the website for each size and casing type.

KF2M

Got them.. Time permitting I'll probably have them on by the evening. Oh and a mudguard... the colors match the bike.

1673671910471.png

KF2M

I ended up ordering them as well, Endurance Trail flavor, from Lordgun in Italy, along with a set of 4 pistons XT brakes. With shipping and considering the price of them in the US the tires were free...
Nice! Got them on. Went on a quick run before dark down the old CNJRR RoW by the base just to make sure nothing fell off. The wider tires made handling in the sand much better, and didn't bog down.

keoJ73sRAdoDAW7AClFanTArc1tgR3CarnKFcYJJEX9gqxIlXImnXLHVx9cXW8_KEez7-cpn2YBDTAsWsPPc4jPg8o3TToC7pznPmegpuVOJyeP92fpFQBCFvQF6ow_t9ZkQtHb6HNE_rL-ITzppC2Wh5BhNLi3JEMuRf-1SaHPqP1KbqcmMWumDRKG_1PISExS4h-tYB3vLrzQ_kUVWU6Ejz0FQs8mL4NrTk_dee3pERuo3acFT8KuZT_dyvsDxHcbH0BDbeA8CBaYOB7tbBgM0Ndx_9N-tOvjYBIhyRb_QmWGDnEWY4vdE1S6ABSrc56Fjj2xoFZsw-9VEm7i_wkwvm8S7qNEuatnNpoEUVdZyKzmY9V48uohRpOH96hmiiepwR8XTLjIHQ-FhWVGdtQnHG5V2fA-5_NIWcR4tdxp56NRjBhopRXtpiIVxtwkiw8rQg2NTyYVq-KCidELnjBBDSXeytMIwKsT3iFFAA3r4K03zY-X3vqQJG4f4Ttrgw0DvgkmeMkJXe9sctvfL5tEx1w97pYalTW7iis4zi-JxhKOOxBIWL2jIyTvs6sxvphoSZWE8lYvphwOlcAZaOsHC8lhJD1d8ebl9rcsoOtehXjxn8uLCkHe9nijOKtIPaomDfYDY_8B9F4RJWd9mK1icP2pkc3KlwO7PiK9T97D_5NXTY6n5_eoR0m8DLnMIGb5OMZwlxYMBDnFIjwF1aQR6CixAF-okbnjScudHZZ73SEELguatZzGxmRPCCN4i_-vXkTqWzDoDatuFwgdO6_T6TtLEBc4aSnI5QNNFeuWENwRxPotTnCvrxkncQIv_MTXq7073E2HtxGVQC14WX2H_OS8OIH_BWmy9IXoGwrrLF0yGPJQQKR2fi9uNZx9Ajwvqe9t-ZC9_6XxPDwKKxc0j2U9zLuTfNboOsVwF3hTsaM-zNg=w1201-h904-no

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Swapped a set of wheels I finished building on my 27.5 bike . Swapped tires over and front has a massive wobble , kryptotal endurance. I hate mtb tires . Front tire Swapped completely by hand no levers used, so now the fun of trying to figure out were and when I bought this tire from .

serviceguy

Swapped a set of wheels I finished building on my 27.5 bike . Swapped tires over and front has a massive wobble , kryptotal endurance. I hate mtb tires . Front tire Swapped completely by hand no levers used, so now the fun of trying to figure out were and when I bought this tire from .
are you kidding me.gif

serviceguy

Just checked mine, they are perfect so far. Let's see after a few ride, will report back in 2027.

serviceguy

Just checked mine, they are perfect so far. Let's see after a few ride, will report back in 2027.
Actually rode them yesterday. Test was inconclusive as I ended up taking the dog with me...I fell like a sack of potatoes on an ice patch when she pulled me on the side...can I blame the tires?

They seem to roll better than the DHRII/DHF, but those where 2.6"...

serviceguy

Meh, tried them on gnarly rocky trail…not sure if it was a) me completely out of shape/ focus b) the smaller size 2.4” vs 2.6” I’ve been riding so far c) being on a hard tail instead of the fs bike d) the tires…much less confidence and forgiveness…not terrible,especially since they basically came free with a set of brakes, but nothing to write home about. I like my DHRII/DHF 2.6 much better.

TommyF

I finally got a chance to mount these up and go for a ride. I'm running the Kryptotal FR RR in trail casing. Coming off a Disector R and Assegai F in EXO+ casings. First thing I notice is the rolling speed, definitely a faster rolling tire! The sidewalls feel somewhat stiffer then the Maxxis EXO+, we'll see how well they hold up in the chunk. Handling felt great, less squirm at the same pressure I typically run. Handling was excellent so far, they bite in nice on the ground up leaves and dirt & hold steady on the rocks too. I also notice they don't rebound as hard off small rocks and roots, a bit less bouncing around. So far so good !!!!

KF2M

I just got around to ride on the new tires on Sunday. Beat the snot out of those Entity Spiderabait's that came with the bike. Less bounce, more grip, and more control.

Kaleidopete

got my new Hydrotal's today. WoW, these tires are tough to mount, and pop to the rim!
Anyone else find this? I got up to 55psi before they seated properly. Mine don't have a psi rating on the side, so I googled it.
They recommend no more than 50psi, and run them at 36psi ! That sounds high for riding, what do you think? :shrug:

phillychris498

I've been riding Krypotol front and rear for about 9 months now. I really like the grip on off camber rock and cornering capability they have. I will say that the 2.4 measures out closer to a 2.3 or so, though, which is a bummer. It definitely feels skinnier than a DHF/DHR combo, which is what I had ridden the prior 5 years.

02camaro

got my new Hydrotal's today. WoW, these tires are tough to mount, and pop to the rim!
Anyone else find this? I got up to 55psi before they seated properly. Mine don't have a psi rating on the side, so I googled it.
They recommend no more than 50psi, and run them at 36psi ! That sounds high for riding, what do you think? :shrug:
I never ride what they say on the sides. It's always 10-15psi too high. With any new tire/brand gotta experiment a little. I weigh 180 and start at low 20s for trail and dial it in from there depends on rim strikes and trail conditions. downhill and park I get to the high 20s low 30s since I tent to blow up rims.

36 may be acceptable with tubes but tubeless no way

Last edited:
Top Bottom