New coffee shop coming soon

rwix15

My friend is very interested in roasting his own coffee and has been focusing on a higher quality coffee taste. He is planning to open a shop in Quail Creek Plaza facing Newton's Corner Road (3 minutes from Hospital Road). The coffee shop is a lot like Rook and Turnstile, where they roast there own coffee. For anyone who goes there, it makes a big difference in the taste. Plus, he plans to sell other good stuff. He is also thinking about a premium coffee truck too.

Any thoughts to having a better coffee shop down the street from the trails?
How about the truck stopping (not parked all day) by Allaire parking lot?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Having a solid cafe within a few minutes of Allaire would be awesome.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't go to allaire but...

If the coffee was good I'd be likely to purchase/support coffee from a truck if it was parked there.

Is this shop a definite? I'd stop by if I'm at Allaire to try it. It's hard to find a good coffee shop.

Frank

Sasquatch
That would be a fine addition to that plaza. They already have a bakery, pizza, and Rivoli's (bar, italian, burgers, etc) so it could be a post-ride destination. We need a Kor-Mex place though.

rwix15

I don't go to allaire but...

If the coffee was good I'd be likely to purchase/support coffee from a truck if it was parked there.

Is this shop a definite? I'd stop by if I'm at Allaire to try it. It's hard to find a good coffee shop.
He is working with the landlord as we speak....And as far as roasting coffee goes, there are only 2 other coffee shops that do it. I was given a batch from a recently roasted coffee and it tasted awesome and smelled really good. So my fingers are crossed.....

Last edited:

rwix15

That would be a fine addition to that plaza. They already have a bakery, pizza, and Rivoli's (bar, italian, burgers, etc) so it could be a post-ride destination. We need a Kor-Mex place though.
What's nice about the coffee shop is, he wants people to come in and relax for a bit, take your time. This is good for when you want to take a few extra minutes before heading home after a long ride.

Sandman98

Do they require a permit for that? Im just curious. I dont drink cofee but if they have smoothies thats a great addition besides the joe. This is my route if im doing longer rides from my crib to allaire. This is great for coffee lovers Rich.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I stop at the country store for coffee, so if a good coffee place came in, I would stop after a ride. I love fresh roasted coffee. where i live, I'm kinda near rook, jersey shore roasters and booskerdoo coffee. I think I like rook the best.

rwix15

Do they require a permit for that? Im just curious. I dont drink cofee but if they have smoothies thats a great addition besides the joe. This is my route if im doing longer rides from my crib to allaire. This is great for coffee lovers Rich.
Some towns will not let you roast in the shop. Too much smoke. But, it seems ok for the Ramtown area if you vent properly. He does want to do smoothies.
I'm hoping the truck idea works without be an issue for the town. I heard food trucks are not allowed at the baseball fields, because they sell food there. I think if he uses the term "stops by" rather than stationed, it should work.

Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
That sounds good both for the plaza and to park on hospital road for after TM snacks and coffee...

Dan the Man

Any update? I am mostly a road biker in the Allaire area...would love something in that area better than the WaWa that exists there now!

rwix15

Any update? I am mostly a road biker in the Allaire area...would love something in that area better than the WaWa that exists there now!
Last I spoke with him, he is looking at permits. I think we are looking at july or Aug after setup.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions