• 185mm

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 203mm

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I've been looking into getting new brakes for a while now and I think it's finally time. I'm open to suggestions but I'm leaning towards Avid Juicy 7s but I don't know what size rotor to go with. I have 160s on my bike now and I feel they are too small for the kind of riding I do. I could easily go with 185s but wonder if I should just go with 203s even though they are more for downhill riders.

Help me decide.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
I just went to order my brakes and they are now backordered. They were in stock yesterday. :(

Jason

JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
I think that is a sign for you to put that money towards a road bike:cool:

LOL, for the money I'm speding on these parts, I could get a road bike.

S

Stan LeCupp

160 rear, 185 front.This works for me. I've found my juicy's to be a little noisy sometimes, otherwise I like them.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Stan LeCupp said:
160 rear, 185 front.This works for me. I've found my juicy's to be a little noisy sometimes, otherwise I like them.

I was thinking about doing exactly that but I'll probably just go with 185s front and back.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
I picked up: 2005 Avid Juicy 7 Disc Brake 185mm for $160.00 each. I'm not really sure what is different between the 05 and 06 but saving $100 each is too much to ignore.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i have 6" rotor front and 5" on back on my Gemini which is my burly bike for the gnarly trails. avid mechs: love 'em.

and after watching someone suffer with no rear brake for 60+ miles (from air trapped in his line) i'll never go hydro on a xc/all mountain rig again. cables can be adjusted in the field, with hydro, unless you can get back to the car and bleed your brakes, you are sol.

Top Bottom