New Bottom Bracket

Wobbegong

My Shimano bottom bracket crapped out on me, the bearing on the drive side locked up. What a shame it happened just as Chris King released their new Bottom Bracket..... ;) This thing is so damn sexy, I had to get out the camera.
DSCN3213.jpg

DSCN3217.jpg

I went with blue because I liked the way the blue control knobs on the fox fork look against the grinch green frame.
DSCN3218.jpg

This thing spins like a skate on ice, it feels so nice.

Jason has a selection of colors at Halters. The Mango is really nice.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Nice J...So Halter's has them in Mango...I thought that color was 6 months out:rofl:

That is what they told me a few months ago when we were building you moots.

At the time I ordered 2 in every color. I got about 10 last week.

They are a nice add-on but I am not sure if they are a noticeable change over a shimano bb.

We shall see.

j

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh pretttttttttttttttttttttttttttty. lol. my nice new flat black black will look nice with some green and orange(or mango as they call it, lol) chris king components on it in the future. when i hit the lottery that is. haha.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I've been rocking a blue King in my Seven. I was on the list and got the first one made. They are sweet and hold up very well:D

-Jim.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh pretttttttttttttttttttttttttttty. lol. my nice new flat black black will look nice with some green and orange(or mango as they call it, lol) chris king components on it in the future. when i hit the lottery that is. haha.

come on, whats another bit of cash on your layaway bike!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
hahahaha no need to replace brand new parts with brand new parts.
Yeah, I just put a set of the lastest XT cranks on my SS, and was thinking of using a King BB from the get-go, but couldn't wrap myself around this concept either. If the Shimano BB craps out, we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath any time soon...

The King BB is dead sexy, that's for sure.

Top Bottom